2013 Civic Si Rear Speaker Question

lucsulla

Hello all. I tried to search for this specific question but was unable to find anything posted that matched exactly what my issue is.

I recently purchased a used 13 Civic Si and have found the rear speakers don't work. The sub does function, but the speakers don't. I hit them with a multimeter today, and the speakers are showing a load, so I'm pretty sure they aren't blown. I don't seem to be getting any juice to them though. I have the non-nav Premium head unit.

I do understand the the basics of the audio system, but I wasn't sure if there was something on the amp that could be reset or messed with. I have checked the fuse in the hood for the power amp just to be thorough, and it is functioning. I have not been able to fully reset the radio. I've read that can sometimes resolve speaker issues, but even after unplugging the battery for 20 minutes or so, I can't seem to get things to reset. Maybe any suggestions there would help as well.

Thanks for any help. This is my second Si but first 9th gen. My last Honda was a 2012 Accord Coupe 6MT, and while that was a more refined experience overall, I forgot how just straight up fun a Civic Si is to drive.

I know you said you understand the audio system basics, but I just wanted to make sure you checked the fader setting. At least on the premium head unit, you can adjust the levels between the fronts and the rears. The first thing I would check is if the fade was set to 100% front. Beyond that, I have no advice except to have a shop take a look.

I know you said you understand the audio system basics, but I just wanted to make sure you checked the fader setting. At least on the premium head unit, you can adjust the levels between the fronts and the rears. The first thing I would check is if the fade was set to 100% front. Beyond that, I have no advice except to have a shop take a look.
I have checked the fader settings .

While working at honda I had one speaker that got pushed so far that the voice coil got lodged above the pole. Once I re-centered it it functioned properly at low volume but when you turned it up it would rattle slightly so we replaced it. By now it's out of warranty but it may be an easy fix.

Back