2013 Civic: Squealing noise when accelerating, 20 degrees outside

Jhun

I was going to work this morning and it was around 20 (F)degrees and warmed up my car for 2 minutes then started driving slow (as to warm up my car more) for a couple of miles, then I heard this squealing noise. When I pressed my brakes, the noise stops too. I drove around 10-15 miles, (traffic) and I can still hear it, then before I reached the highway, the noise is gone!

I drove home and it didn't happened again. I wonder what the heck was that noise? My friend told me it was the "ice" or something got frozen on my wheels. Any inputs?

Thanks!

PS: Car is only 10k miles brought August last year.

Is it coming from the front or rear of the car?

In most cases that would tell me your fan belt needs tightening.

came from the front. it was the first time i heard of it, then gone. how possible was the "ice" or frozen thingy on my wheels/disk/whatever that makes noise?

came from the front. it was the first time i heard of it, then gone. how possible was the "ice" or frozen thingy on my wheels/disk/whatever that makes noise?
As far as the "wheels/disk/whatever", there could have been a piece sand that was rubbing...... If it went away fine, if it comes back try the fan belt.
You can also take the wheel/s off and check the disc for a grove with your fingers, hopefully it didn't hurt it/them.

Thanks. I hope it doesnt come back again! If it does, im going to my dealer.

Yeah. I remember when a piece of rock went in between the rotor and the metal plate behind it. It made the worst squealing noise for a good one mile. So I stopped on the side of the road. Turned the steering wheel from lock to lock. The rock fell out and I continued driving.

Back