2013 Hybrid Aftermarket Stereo Install

tdefreest

I’m interested in upgrading my headunit to provide CarPlay functionality.

I haven’t been able to find any threads about upgrading a hybrids headunit. Has anyone here done this and would be able to share with me your experiences and what parts you used?

Is there anything unique to the Hybrid I should be weary about when doing this install?

Appreciate any insight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm planning to move forward with this upgrade after doing more research. I'll be sure to post pictures and my experience as I go.

As of now, I'm looking at the following parts:
  • Radio Wire Harness = Metra 70-1729
  • Dash Kit = Metra 95-7882B
  • Steering Wheel button Retention = iDat-Alink Maestro HO2 T-Harness or AXXESS ASWC-1
  • OBD-II Module = Maestro ADS-MRR
  • Brake Bypass = MicroBypass Parking Brake Bypass for Alpine
  • Head Unit = Alpine iLX-107
  • Vinyl Wrap VViViD XPO Gunmetal Grey Brushed Metallic Steel (5x3 ft)
  • Antenna Adapter = Metra 40-HD11
  • Clock Retention = Metra HDCC-01 (might not need this?)
  • Back-up Camera Retention = TBD (might not be needed with Maestro)
  • USB Retention = TBD (looking like this will get deleted and will need to wire a new one)
I'm wondering if Maestro OBD-II datastream is useful at all in the Civic Hybrid or am I able to save some money by downgrading the headunit and getting cheaper modules such as AXXESS by Metra. Does anyone have any experience with Maestro in a Civic?

Also, if I'm missing anything or if I have any redundant parts, any insight from the community is always appreciated.

you have 3 steering wheel button options listed, so you just need 1.
ADS-MRR
iDat-Alink Maestro HO2 T-Harness
AXXESS ASWC-1

you will lose the oem usb in the armrest area. Some aftermarket radios have the option to wire in a replacement if that matters to you. Clock/backup will work in the Imid without doing anything.

others may be of more help hopefully

what's with the Jason Mask, didn't he chop up a few people?:flame:

I am replacing my head unit and Sub but it is on the SI. I am sure it should be the same as far as the steering controls and wire harness.

Have you tried looking on Crutchfield.com

Wow, this website is an awesome resource... would have saved me lots of time!

I am replacing my head unit and Sub but it is on the SI. I am sure it should be the same as far as the steering controls and wire harness.

Thinking I'm going to go with the "most features" installation option, which would include:
  • Dash Kit = Metra 95-7882B
  • iDat-Alink Maestro HO2 T-Harness
  • Maestro ADS-MRR
  • Antenna Adapter = Metra 40-HD11
  • Head unit = Pioneer MVH-1400NEX (that comparison feature on crutchfield saved me $300!)
Figure if I'm going to spend this much effort and money doing something might as well make it as good as I can. Now I'm not sure if I need the parking brake bypass. Do you need it to make sure the cameras work? Or is this mostly for when people are trying to watch DVDs while moving?

I would be lying if I told you anything. I don't know much about the audio system in our car yet. I bought the Kenwood head unit, 1000w 5 Ch amplifier, antenna Adapter, H02, woofers, tweeters and subwoofer. I just need the ADS-MRR, Amp and speaker wire kit and I should be good to test it out.

Back