2013 Polished Metal Si Sedan: My First Honda

turkish80

Cary, IL
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I had an itch to buy a new car. My 1999 Camry was killing me on maintenance costs, and after renting a brand new car, I couldn't help but get the itch. So I started looking.

Day 1: After looking through site after site and seeing what would be good in my price range, I remembered a friend telling me that I would look good in the Civic Si. So I went to the Honda site and spec'd it all out. Decided I wanted the Polished Metal and the sedan. Looked at a couple local dealership's sites to see what they had in stock, only to find nothing but coupes. Darn. Spent the rest of the night thinking about it and the itch only got worse.

Day 2: Sitting at work dreaming about getting that new car. Decided to check the locals again. The nearest Honda dealer, just that morning, posted a new Civic Si Sedan in their inventory. Color: Polished Metal. My heart started racing. My mind was reeling. "I'm gonna do it." That's all I kept saying to my coworkers all day. I sent a message to the dealer for an online quote and got it back within the hour. "Price is right!" After work, I went and test drove it. She only had 2 miles on 'er when I got in. I took her another 10. Reluctantly, I told the salesman I was going to go home and think it over; sleep on it.

Day 3: Called my bank to make sure I could take out what I needed for the down payment. Had a friend drive me to the dealership and made the buy. Just a mere 2 hours later, I was on the road in my brand new 2013 Honda Civic Si Sedan in Polished Metal, ready to go wherever she decided she wanted to take me.

Last weekend, I took her on a little trip up to Wisconsin and wow, did she enjoy those country roads.

DSC_0130_zps826e93af.jpg

I'm just over 3 weeks and 1000 miles in and I absolutely love her! I already added a new amp and sub to give the experience a little more boost, but otherwise she's all stock. Now, I'm thinking of getting into the add-ons.

Welcome to the site. Glad to hear you're loving your purchase. Check out the links in my sig if you're looking for mods

Sounds like a nice way to get to know her.......... Welcome.

The price is too good to be true! Welcome!

Excellent choice! Glad you like it. Great story about how you got the car too!

Back