2013 Si Clutch Noise (Clicking)

Hello,

I have a 2013 Si, It has about 87,000KM on it now and about a month ago it started making a clicking sound when pushing in the clutch. I had the master cylinder and slave cylinder replaced under warranty about a week ago and my car just started making the clicking noise again. It doesn't sound like it's coming from the pedal, it sounds like its inside the gearbox itself. Happens with the car on or off, and you can feel it "pop/click" through the pedal as well. I am going to bring it back to the dealership this week, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of this before/knows what is broken? It happens about 50% of the time. I took a video of the noise it is making, it's quite loud.

View: https://youtu.be/qZ1W69FmFs8

Video definitely shows it clearly. Keep us posted. I'm not sure what to say on the noise.

Well you can show them the video of it happening. No denying that.

This is EXACTLY what mine does at 21K miles. Mine is intermittent and changes points at where it clicks, easy or spirited driving will cause it to happen and letting it sit will 80% of the time make it go away. I've put off taking my car in for multiple issues for the past 10k miles but that's just being lazy and kind of waiting for a definitive noise all the time. I'm really interested in what is found about yours, I have a hunch something with the fork is bent or tweaked. Do you feel the pedal sort of bind up before it happens? Mine does

This is EXACTLY what mine does at 21K miles. Mine is intermittent and changes points at where it clicks, easy or spirited driving will cause it to happen and letting it sit will 80% of the time make it go away. I've put off taking my car in for multiple issues for the past 10k miles but that's just being lazy and kind of waiting for a definitive noise all the time. I'm really interested in what is found about yours, I have a hunch something with the fork is bent or tweaked. Do you feel the pedal sort of bind up before it happens? Mine does
Yup I feel it bind up as well, usually about halfway down the pedal travel. And like you said its so intermittent.

I got my car back from the dealer yesterday (third time going in with this problem), they took apart the fork pivot points, cleaned and greased them, then reassembled. The noise is gone for now... But I highly doubt that this will be a permanent fix. More of a bandaid if anything.

I've removed my slave cylinder and greased the fork "cup" and push rod point as a trial too and it came back in a few days. More so a fluke for it to be that quiet that long in my opinion. There's nothing else we can access or do until the trans is separated from the engine and dropped to look inside the bell housing. Mine will move from half way down to the bottom of the pedal and will also pop when releasing the pedal from the floor (fully depressed). When I finally set up my appointment for them to look at my car I will make sure it does it before I go in even if I have to drive it around for a bit before I go in. I also have a whine that I've posted a video of in the manual trans issues post that I now understand may be the torson LSD since it's a gear type and not clutch type. Regardless I hope we can figure out and fix this issue as I feel others may start running into this problem.

So a quick update and small inquiry about yourself @2013Civbomb

Since my last post the problem has gone away 99% of the time now, felt it act up once while going in reverse for a second. Not really sure why but I have be driving easier with less shock during shifting, possible RMM upgrade could be of help. Have you had any updates about what your dealing with?

Back