9th Gen Newb

Driversound

SoCal
Vehicle Model
SI
Body Style
Sedan
Hey all. Just picked a 2013 R18 Sedan. This is my daily driver in addition to my Tacoma. Not new to civics though, 8thCivic member for a long time. Just wanted to sign up for 9thGen as well.

EDIT: 3/14. beginning 1/14, the civic LX has been traded for an Si.

Previous Civics...
1989 Civic Hatch DX
1994 Civic Hatch DX
2007 Civic Sedan Si
1993 Civic Coupe DX
2000 Civic Coupe EX
2009 Civic Coupe EX
2010 Civic Sedan LX-S
2013 Civic Sedan LX
2013 Civic Sedan Si

Attachments

• 89cvcc.jpg
    89cvcc.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 94cvcc.jpg
    94cvcc.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 07cvcc.jpg
    07cvcc.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 93cvcc.jpg
    93cvcc.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 00cvcc.jpg
    00cvcc.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 09cvcc.jpg
    09cvcc.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 13cvcc.jpg
    13cvcc.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 2
  • PJ13.JPG
    PJ13.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Welcome! Any pics of your ride? 8th too?

:yeahthat:

:bighug: Welcome to the site, and congrats on the new ride! :thumbsup:

:useless:

... so we definitely need to see pics of your 9th & 8th gens, the '94 hatch, and any of the other Civics that you care to share. :D

Do you have any mods planned for the new ride? :popcorn:

Last edited:
:yeahthat:

:bighug: Welcome to the site, and congrats on the new ride! :thumbsup:

:useless:

... so we definitely need to see pics of your 9th & 8th gens, the '94 hatch, and any of the other Civics that you care to share. :D

Do you have any mods planned for the new ride? :popcorn:

No pics of the new civic yet though I did find a pic of my 07 SI. I'll have to look for the others in my home pc.

Last edited:
same username on 8th? 8th looks nice

Yep, same user name and avatar from 8th. Thanks though I don't have it anymore. My first year of owning I got three tickets from not having any tickets for years. There was no change in driving habits though I think it was just got more attention from cops. I also shared information with the guy that ended up ripping people off with the maf vanes, intake thing he was selling. We were working on the maf vane mod at the same time. I think after that I kinda left 8th for a while since I switched cars but was on and off since I've always had a civic on the side.

Finally got to upload the pic of the 9th gen after tint (post 10 above). We have a 2010 sedan as well and I noticed that the 2010 sits lower than the 2013 so I measured. 2010 was 14" from fender to center of hub and 2013 was 15" front and 14.5" back. Anyone else noticed that they sit higher?

Last edited:
Finally got to upload the pic of the 9th gen after tint (post 10 above). We have a 2010 sedan as well and I noticed that the 2010 sits lower than the 2013 so I measured. 2010 was 14" from fender to center of hub and 2013 was 15" front and 14.5" back. Anyone else noticed that they sit higher?

Yeah. We have a 2009 that scrapes my parent's driveway when I pull in. My 9th clears fine. They are higher.

Yeah. We have a 2009 that scrapes my parent's driveway when I pull in. My 9th clears fine. They are higher.

I wonder if the springs sag or they just made it higher for 9th gens. I would think Honda would have left that alone for possibly better mpg hwy.

I wonder if the springs sag or they just made it higher for 9th gens. I would think Honda would have left that alone for possibly better mpg hwy.

I just checked the specs for both a 2012 and a 2009 online and they say its about 5.7 inches for both. It must be sag like you said. I do know I clear with one and not the other. It could be just the front that's made differently as well in my case.

I just checked the specs for both a 2012 and a 2009 online and they say its about 5.7 inches for both. It must be sag like you said. I do know I clear with one and not the other. It could be just the front that's made differently as well in my case.

Wow, an inch of sag is actually a lot. Usually 1/4" to 1/2" of settling is expected but that's on new springs. I'm assuming oem springs would have had their sag time on dealer lot since they've probably been sitting on them for months.

Back