A 2012<2013 Re-introduction

Witch One would you pick?

• Total voters

Pir8pete

I figured I'd do a 2012<2013 "Re-introduction"

I was a happy owner of a 08 Si and my lease was going to end in December of 2012. So in Sept. I started inquiring about getting the new Si thinking this new Si was better then the 8th gen, but then after owning it for a bit realized how crapping it was!

I was so pissed off at Honda for flaking out of the 2012 white Si that I switched it for a 2013 white si. All I can say is WOW what a difference. Engine power might be the same but the rest is just pure **** on 2012.

I was looking around at Mazda, Ford etc... but none could compare to the new 2013 on quality and attention to detail.

I'm now so happy with this car, feels so good after feeling so sh1ty for months about my bad decision on the 2012.

x17y.jpg

ksw1.jpg

Nice purchase. You could never go wrong with white.

A friend of mine bought a 2012 EX coupe when the first came out. A couple of months ago when I bought my 2013 Si Coupe, he was all of a sudden a bit sour on his 2012 and traded it on a 2013 within a month. I don't think the 2012 was a bad car, but it was a letdown for a civic. The 2013 more than made up for it and feels like a better car all the way around. I have had my Si for a couple of months and it is my favorite of all the cars I have owned over the years, with a close second being a 2003 Accord Coupe v6 6mt.

Congrats on the new ride, I know you will enjoy it.

Last edited:
Traded in my 2012 ram 1500 express for a 2012 si. I'm just counting my blessings because I went for 15 months with no power options and getting 13.9 mpg. Honestly I don't think the 2012 is that bad. I see it as a blank canvas waiting for my personal touch. Congrats on the 13 though man!

Traded in my 2012 ram 1500 express for a 2012 si. I'm just counting my blessings because I went for 15 months with no power options and getting 13.9 mpg. Honestly I don't think the 2012 is that bad. I see it as a blank canvas waiting for my personal touch. Congrats on the 13 though man!

I really agree with this. I love painting my canvas.

When I bought my 12 ex, I didn't know what the 13's were going to be. The only thing that I can see with the 13 is the free back up camera. My ex can get over 40 mph and no problems. When I bought my Jeep in 94 I hadn't bothered to car window(s) shop till I was ready for something different, I'm pretty sure I won't be doing any window shopping for a long time, if ever at my age. We'd be buying new cars each year at that rate, I just prefer to buy a car I've spent time deciding on, and stick with it. If it weren't for our forum it wouldn't even be something I'd think of.
I vote 2012...........

Just hope no one will be up set when the 2014's come out........ :D

The 2014 will be exactly the same as the 2013. 2015 may be a different story, though. By then we may even see a 300hp turbocharged Type R. Probably not, but one can hope.

I think it will matter which trend honda wants to go,if it is heavily green I believe we may possess the last of the performance civics,if sales of compact sporty cars keep rising from all makes,they ought want to hit the top again in 2015, and guess what.... Mine will be paid off and si # 2 will be in the garage,but if not I will get a pony car in all likely hood. Time will tell.

2014's will be the same no changes, I don't mind the changes but when Honda drops the ball this bad then yes ppl will be pissed off. from 2013 if there are changes it's great and not a big deal as the 13's are good, just like 08 to 09 was ok cuz 08 started off good, better thought out from the start.

There's alot more then what's in the online reviews for 2013 in changes. I have found alot! what a difference

Last edited:
Honda knows they dropped the ball with the 2012 and did their best to fix it in one year's time. I give them a lot of credit for that.

The 9th gen is likely to be a shorter production model than the 8th. From what I've heard (without any specifics) from someone who is an engineer for Honda, Honda has some big things in store for the future, starting with the civic. A turbo civic variant isn't exactly unrealistic anymore.

Hopefully Honda is picking up where they left off about a decade ago.

Do you know if they will go diesel?

I haven't heard anything about a diesel. It would be interesting to see what Honda could do with that segment.

All I know is, he said the NSX is not the only performance offering he is excited for and that Honda has something in store for the Si that if done correctly, will not be matched by the competition for some time. I really hope this is the case.

Also, the new Type R coming out should be epic.

I'm expecting too much. Lol. But I do expect the NSX to be a worthy performance car like the old generations.

I know lol I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. A lot of these models are a long way out. But I like knowing that Honda is trying and hasn't completely abandoned the enthusiast.

Give me a S2000 revival and I'm back on the Honda bandwagon.

I'm actually really pleased still with my 2012 :) It has a few little things that bug me but it was built August 2011, so it was early in the build of the redesign. The iMid is annoying sometimes because it doesn't like my iPhone. The only thing I'd want that the 2013 has is a backup camera because I'm moving to the city... I mean the auto climate is nice but not worth a trade in. Now maybe the new Earth Dreams engine will get me into a newer one, but I still love my Heidi :vtec:

Congrats on the white Si, I must say that is SO sharp with the newer black-accented wheels!! That'd be my next color I think.

Last edited:
Back