Acura teases new electric SUV

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
1723495784782.png

• A new coupe-SUV concept by Acura will debut at the 2024 Monterey Car Week.
  • The concept previews Honda’s first production model on its new EV-dedicated platform.
  • The production version of the crossover will be built at Honda’s updated Ohio plant.

Acura is teasing a new concept car set for reveal at Monterey Car Week. Combining a coupe-SUV design with a fully electric powertrain, this study offers a glimpse of a future production model. It will be built at Honda’s retooled Ohio plant, which will spearhead EV production in North America.

The official teaser highlights the rear end of the vehicle, showcasing its coupe-SUV silhouette. The sculpted tail features full-width taillights with sleek LED graphics and an illuminated Acura emblem.

This concept is believed to be for the mid- to large-size EV announced by Honda last year. Set to hit the market in 2025, the SUV will be the first production model to feature Honda’s new Electric and Electronic (E&E) software architecture and will be built on their latest EV platform.

The yet-unnamed Acura (tentatively referred to as the Acura Performance EV) follows the market launch of the Honda Prologue and Acura ZDX SUVs, both based on GM’s Ultium architecture. Based on the teaser and speculation, this SUV could rival the Tesla Model X, with proportions similar to those of the ICE-powered BMW X6 and Mercedes GLE Coupe.

1723584756565.png

yea theyre stuck with a lot of them. I test drove one and the sales person knew nothing about it but was desperate to convince me i wanted to get out of my polestar into one.

It drove ok, on par with standard v6 ~300hp 3 row suv, but way too expensive and it was all GM interior

I drove a A spec, but if you look at all the switchgear and touch points, theyre GM parts, even the key is a GM key. The salesperson didnt believe me till i started pulling up blazer pictures on my phone. It didnt help that the salesperson knew nothing about the car and couldnt tell me about any of the tech. Ive heard that the blazer EV is having some reliability issues already and its the same Ultium battery and motor platform as the ZDX. Basically the ZDX is a Blazer in Acura body panels with Carplay since GM dropped that.

Ive been meaning to go check out the Prologue, but at least thats at a bit of a more reasonable price point, still its a GM product in Honda badging though

• Staff
all stuff I wasn't aware of. Interesting to know

• Staff
IMG_0935.pngIMG_0934.pngIMG_0933.pngIMG_0932.pngIMG_0931.pngIMG_0930.png
The Acura Performance EV concept will make its public debut at The Quail, a Motorsports Gathering on Friday, August 16, and will be featured on the Concept Lawn at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.

The coupe SUV will be the first model built on an all-new platform Honda has developed following the scrapping of their EV partnership with GM.

While some aspects, like the wheels and stance, will likely be toned down, the Performance EV previews a very real production model that will be manufactured at the Honda EV Hub in Ohio. Acura’s electric SUV Coupe will appear sometime next year, with production slated for late 2025.

Back