All I know is...

Ray_Kauffman

Philadelphia
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
coupe
im really trying to make my si stand out from all the rest, i want to put the exhaust on and get some tint put in, i just dont know if i wanna put the aero kit on, but i have no idea haha.

the whole voiding my warranty is really off putting, my dealership is full of ***** and i might just slap a nice intake in.

and im constantly touching up my paint with the touch up pen because even though my car is always in my garage at night it someone how gets chipped and scratched.

Dealers and warranty--

Under the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975, an automotive dealership/carmaker cannot void your warranty because your vehicle has been modified with aftermarket parts. They (the manufacturers) have to prove that the failure was the direct result of the installed aftermarket part. Unfortunately, too many folks have gone to a dealer to have warranty service performed on their modified vehicle only to have the dealer refuse to cover the defective items. The dealer usually states, that because of the aftermarket parts installed, the warranty is void (without even attempting to determine whether or not the aftermarket part caused the problem). This is illegal...period.

Examples where the dealership will not cover your repairs under warranty
You install an aftermarket air dam system to channel more air to the cold air intake system that you installed. The air dam system causes the vehicle to overheat because it restricts airflow over the radiator. As a result of overheating, the engine blows a head gasket and a cylinder head is warped. The car is still under warranty. You take it to your dealer and they determine that the aftermarket air dam system caused the overheating and thus the cylinder head damage and gasket failure. The carmaker is not obligated to perform any repairs under the provisions of the warranty.

Cosmetic mods like the HFP lip/skirt/bumper kit can't possibly void your warranty. Same with something as simple as wheels and tires. If the dealer is that much of a trotch about changing anything, I'd go to a new dealership.

Cosmetic mods like the HFP lip/skirt/bumper kit can't possibly void your warranty. Same with something as simple as wheels and tires. If the dealer is that much of a trotch about changing anything, I'd go to a new dealership.
thats what i was thinking

ive read that before on the site. my dealer doesn't care

First off, an aftermarket exhaust isn't going to do anything that will cause you to have a mechanical problem that you'd want to fix under warranty. Obviously if you have a heavily modified car a dealership would have a better reason not to honor a warranty. That being said, in the event of a mechanical failure, the burden of proof that the aftermarket part caused the failure is on the dealership. Screw what your dealership does/doesn't care about. The Magnuson Moss Act is a law, and he's got to follow it. Get the exhaust. Nothing bad will happen.

:yeahthat:

Any dealership that tried to make me feel bad about bringing my car in would never see one more dollar from me. :bleh:

Last edited:
I'm done with one of them here since they gave me crap about replacing one of my motor mounts that failed. They didn't want to warranty it even though I was still inside the 5yr/60k because I had a trailer hitch.

A tiny 1 1/4" for a bike rack. They tried to say I had been towing something and that's what cause it to fail. They did it anyway but now Im going to try a different place. There are like 4 dealerships here. That one was just the closest.

I had a paint problem when my car and it had less than 500 miles on it and they acted like it was my fault. I had to have a honda rep tell them it was okay to fix.

Find a new dealer man... The one I bought my car from is awesome and they didn't care that my car modified I have actually taken a few people out for some spirited backroad driving... Now the one closest to where I live was trying to tell me all of my mods mainly my short throw shifter caused the early (120,000 miles) demise of my clutch which according to then should go to 500,000 miles if not more and not the horrible stop and go traffic and then wanted to charge me 3 grand to replace it 3,500 if I wanted the flywheel replaced...

Find a new dealer man... The one I bought my car from is awesome and they didn't care that my car modified I have actually taken a few people out for some spirited backroad driving... Now the one closest to where I live was trying to tell me all of my mods mainly my short throw shifter caused the early (120,000 miles) demise of my clutch which according to then should go to 500,000 miles if not more and not the horrible stop and go traffic and then wanted to charge me 3 grand to replace it 3,500 if I wanted the flywheel replaced...
That's crazy.

I think I'm going to put that tsudo exhaust on really soon, I'm just trying to figure out if they are still running the deal when you call them and say your from the forum.

Back