ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Interface Control Problem

JasonQ6

Annapolis, MD
Vehicle Model
Civic EX w/ Factory Nav (it has since been replaced aftermarket)
Body Style
Sedan
What's up everyone! I am new to the site and this is my first post. I am hoping someone here can help shed some light on this one audio issue for me. I purchased my 2012 Civic EX Sedan w/ factory navigation, but I had so much trouble with the USB port, Bluetooth system, and lack of audio tuning control I decided to rip everything out and customize it the way I wanted. My specs are listed in my profile on all my stereo mods. Long story on the install but it is all in and it all sounds great!

My problem is that I bought the Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Interface to be able to retain volume and track control from the steering wheel, but the wiring diagram it came with is wrong, and it is for the Honda 24 pin main stereo harness (which from what my research has shown is not the right harness to tap into for the steering wheel control).
So far I haven't found anyone who has replaced the factory navigation with an aftermarket H/U and tried this. The car stereo harness has a main 24 pin harness, a secondary 20-pin beige harness, a 14-pin white harness, and a few others for the iMid and stock Navi and Bluetooth functions. I have seen another forum posted here where the beige 20-pin harness was tapped into, but on the Navi model there is a different number of wires and they are different colors. If anyone can help direct me to the right harness and wires to tap into I would really appreciate it. Pictures of it would be even better. Thanks!

Jason Q

Jason, i know you have the metra, but have you looked at the instructions for the PAC-SWI. the details of wiring both systems are different, but they do still have to connect to the same signal line from the car.

from PAC's site

2012civic.jpg

2012Civicclockspring.jpg

@ethlar Thanks for the pics. I will check out the steering wheel harness and try to tap into it there

Back