Back into autocrossing...

how'd you think you did, or how do you think the car performed after getting back into it after 25yrs?

I felt I did decently... The car handled very well, I'm just trying to get used tot he balance, and tune the rotation. It didn't plow nearly as much as it did when stock. I just need to refine the driver mod, LOL!

Reactions: Nix
Are you running stock class? I suspect with the wheels, springs, and camber arms that you are not. I didn't see a build thread or mod list so I'm speculating but.....

Id suggest looking into a set of front camber bolts and dialing up a little over -1 in the front. It wont kill your tires and it will improve the handling a ton. They are ~$30 for a set of two bolts, 1 per side.

If you haven't done it yet, the upgraded rear sway bar is a great bang for the buck handling mod as well. I believe stock class allows one sway bar this year.

Great vid though! I hope you post more.

Are you running stock class? I suspect with the wheels, springs, and camber arms that you are not. I didn't see a build thread or mod list so I'm speculating but.....

Id suggest looking into a set of front camber bolts and dialing up a little over -1 in the front. It wont kill your tires and it will improve the handling a ton. They are ~$30 for a set of two bolts, 1 per side.

If you haven't done it yet, the upgraded rear sway bar is a great bang for the buck handling mod as well. I believe stock class allows one sway bar this year.

Great vid though! I hope you post more.
Stock class, or street as its being called now, allows the replacement or addition of one sway bar but that is more or less the only suspension allowments. Camber arms/bolts would bump you into a higher class.

Reactions: Nix
I have Buddy Club shifter, Swift Spec-R springs, SPC cambers arms, Godspeed 24mm rear bar, and went from OEM 18x7.5, to Konig 18x8 wheels.

I was classed STS (Street Touring S?) for the race, but am now being told that I belong in STX. Can anyone confirm this?

Back