9ick

Puyallup Washington
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Coupe
Hey all,
Hope everyone is doing well and (hopefully) enjoying boost weather. I wanted to start out by saying that I hit a deer, luckily the airbags didn’t go off so My car isn’t totaled. However, the front of the car is pretty mangled. Im looking to reach out to anyone and everyone so see if I can get some help rebuilding my passenger side front end. If you know of anyone selling the required parts or if you have any spare parts laying around I’d love to check them out! I’m not asking for anyone to just give them to me but I’ll happily pay you for them.

As of right now I haven’t taken it in to a mechanics shop or done anything else. I drove it home and parked it. I’ve run a couple of tests, checking to see the results and the extent of the damage and I’ve come up with this conclusion. She runs and drives fine, granted the car isn’t road legal due to not having a passenger headlight. Therefore I’m looking to rebuild it ASAP without breaking the bank.

I will say I’m new to doing repair work so any tips or advice you might have are greatly appreciated and will help me more than you know. All parts listed below are for a stock 2015 coupe.

Parts list
1. Passenger side front fender
2. Hood
3. Stock Si bumper/Stock Lx bumper
4. Passenger side headlight
5. Passenger side core support
6. Spare bumper clips/bumper hardware
7. Passenger side radiator support panel
8. Stock Si/Stock Lx front Grill
9. OEM Black pearl paint
10. Hood hinges
11. Hood prop

Attachments

• C469754A-C6C6-4900-8660-5883DCFA9755.jpeg
    C469754A-C6C6-4900-8660-5883DCFA9755.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • D2A398FF-15A6-4B37-8B53-880CCFC0AA86.jpeg
    D2A398FF-15A6-4B37-8B53-880CCFC0AA86.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 29D4CE31-5515-4A05-9F9C-9AB5259DF3E6.jpeg
    29D4CE31-5515-4A05-9F9C-9AB5259DF3E6.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 93540136-476D-425B-BA04-2DD0F4C179DA.jpeg
    93540136-476D-425B-BA04-2DD0F4C179DA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 33436C4E-C3B9-48E0-B14A-327DF56F632B.jpeg
    33436C4E-C3B9-48E0-B14A-327DF56F632B.jpeg
    850.1 KB · Views: 11
  • AE8CA846-60D7-4DED-B9F6-B36914E7A0C0.jpeg
    AE8CA846-60D7-4DED-B9F6-B36914E7A0C0.jpeg
    732.1 KB · Views: 12
Might be worth having a shop do the work. Looks like there is a lot of stuff bent that hold up other pieces. Need to have those be “straight” so everything lines up.

Might be worth having a shop do the work. Looks like there is a lot of stuff bent that hold up other pieces. Need to have those be “straight” so everything lines up.
Thank you for the response Nomar06, I’m considering asking my girlfriends step dad for help with this, he’s a licensed mechanic but I don’t know if he has a shop or not. I’m thinking that a shop could probably pull the bent support bar back to shape so that I’d only need to replace the cosmetic stuff and a headlight. I’ll keep you posted with any further updates!

Do you not have insurance that would cover the repairs? If you take it to any collision shop, they’ll give you an itemized estimate showing everything they’re going to have to replace or fix (for free). I would start there so you can find out if any frame elements need to be straightened?

Other than searching ebay for the parts you need, you could see if you can find a junkyard that may have a civic that was rear ended or hit elsewhere, and buy the parts you need from that.

There is a lot of expense in the amount of parts you need, and then you have to add in paint cost. If you don’t have insurance I understand, but it seems like this would be a claim for insurance.

I may be able to help with some of this, but shipping will be a *****.

Most of the damage on the husk of a car that is sitting in my garage is on the driver's side.

Do you not have insurance that would cover the repairs?

There is a lot of expense in the amount of parts you need, and then you have to add in paint cost. If you don’t have insurance I understand, but it seems like this would be a claim for insurance.
Yeah I was thinking that he doesn't have insurance.

Do you not have insurance that would cover the repairs? If you take it to any collision shop, they’ll give you an itemized estimate showing everything they’re going to have to replace or fix (for free). I would start there so you can find out if any frame elements need to be straightened?

Other than searching ebay for the parts you need, you could see if you can find a junkyard that may have a civic that was rear ended or hit elsewhere, and buy the parts you need from that.

I do have insurance but my rates are already high and I can’t afford them to get any higher so I decided to just pay out of pocket for the fix :(

I do have insurance but my rates are already high and I can’t afford them to get any higher so I decided to just pay out of pocket for the fix :(
Call your insurance and find out. “Deer accidents” with most, (or some) insurance providers will not alter your rates.

Call your insurance and find out. “Deer accidents” with most, (or some) insurance providers will not alter your rates.
"Should not" but sometimes they do.

But personally I'd find a way to pay the higher rate (down the road) to make sure it gets fixed properly the first time. Maybe raise your deductible if the rates go up?

With working in a body shop and seeing similar type wrecks, I would have a body shop work on this and not just a mechanic.

With this area being bent down it would need to be grinded down and re-spot welded back in place. There may also be damage to the fender apron that needs to be spot welded back and measured to make sure that everything fits back in to place

1635513020316.png

#1 and #8 is where I would be checking for additional damage. #1 is the fender apron and #8 is the rail assembly. Impacts to those corners always make a repair complicated

1635514199602.png

#3 in this diagram would be the part where you mount the headlamp to that is mangled in the photo I snipped. These radiator/core supports are spot welded in, so, as long as you have the proper materials and such, this could be a repair that you can do yourself, I just wouldn't recommend without knowing if any of these components are bent or damaged..

1635514474464.png

I may be able to help with some of this, but shipping will be a *****.

Most of the damage on the husk of a car that is sitting in my garage is on the driver's side.
Oh fr?
Once I’m off of work I’ll give them a call and see what they say! I’m hopeful that it’s not been too long since the accident happened because I haven’t reported it yet. I’ll let everyone know how it goes!

With working in a body shop and seeing similar type wrecks, I would have a body shop work on this and not just a mechanic.

With this area being bent down it would need to be grinded down and re-spot welded back in place. There may also be damage to the fender apron that needs to be spot welded back and measured to make sure that everything fits back in to place

View attachment 63672

#1 and #8 is where I would be checking for additional damage. #1 is the fender apron and #8 is the rail assembly. Impacts to those corners always make a repair complicated

View attachment 63673

#3 in this diagram would be the part where you mount the headlamp to that is mangled in the photo I snipped. These radiator/core supports are spot welded in, so, as long as you have the proper materials and such, this could be a repair that you can do yourself, I just wouldn't recommend without knowing if any of these components are bent or damaged..

View attachment 63674
I haven’t had a chance to take a closer look at those spots yet but when I do I’ll post some updates.

Reactions: Dad
Back