Bare ground?

13civicsi4

Ms
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Sedan
image.jpeg im putting my intake on and noticed this ground wire. I've never seen one bare like this should I leave it or tape it?

Mine is the same way, I actually saw it when installing my intake aswell lol did you completely install the intake already?

image.jpg Naw not yet in the process these dang clamps are aggravating the crap out of me

Not very much... I can't figure how to get these clamps on without pinching the hose... I've been messing with it for 30 minutes the the rest of it didn't take 10 minutes :banghead:

I'd imagine that hose goes over to another connection? Make the clamp loose and slide the hose on to the part it connects to. Then when it's properly on, slide the clamp into position and tighten. That would be my guess.

Yea it just kept looking like its pinching the hose. It wouldn't fit in the same grooves it'd be have in one groove and half in another.. I've got it on there now tho.. The mounting bracketing says mount to the transmission but didn't sit right so I ended up mounting it where the factory box mounts image.jpeg

what is that hose for? Supposed to bring in cold air from lower in the engine bay?

Looks good man! Got a video? I'd suggest swapping out that oem coolant hose for a regular hose from pepboys or something that way you dont have the old breather tube in the way..

what is that hose for? Supposed to bring in cold air from lower in the engine bay?
Yea that's what it's for.. Right now I've got it sitting by the fan kinda wedged and a zip tie holding it up until I get back home and pull the resonator from the stock box..
Looks good man! Got a video? I'd suggest swapping out that oem coolant hose for a regular hose from pepboys or something that way you dont have the old breather tube in the way..
Thanks.. No video yet I haven't started it yet. Went to eat with the in laws and stopping by work to get a nipple to connect the coolant hose together

Nice that's actually what I did

E3CC5BFA-6749-4969-B3D5-1C4A3D9A2880_zpsr23q1gtq.jpg

Yea well was out of the nipples at work so I'll have to do it later if I don't see any at home

Fun fact of the day! (if you didn't know) Your WHOLE chassis/any metal on the car is a "ground". Ground wires can touch ANYTHING but a positive or power wire. As long as a power wire isn't rubbing or contacting it your A-OK!

Technically electricity travels from the negative to positive side but that's another topic.

If you want to dress that ground wire up a little you could always wrap it in electrical tape or wire harness tubing.

Back