BATTERY DEAD???

Dennis Rockholt

9k Alll Day
Franklin, TN
Vehicle Model
370Z Fairlady aka "Nismo"
Body Style
Coupe
So every morning for about 30 minutes I listen to the radio with the car off, no problems. This morning I am listening to it, and a ton of warning lights start popping on. ABS, airbag, Check brake system, etc. I go to try and crank the car and it tries to and then just makes a clicking noise. I assume I killed my battery? I feel pretty dumb nonetheless.

Thanks guys

1st thing is there have been some problems with members cars and their batt's/alt's.
BUT..... Also understanding how the charging system works might help since you're draining the batt every morning.
The myth that driving your car will "fully" recharge it an't going to happen, it will charge it to about 80% after 20 min at highway speed(or higher rpm etc.).
The cure is to use a trickle charger......... if you don't have a power source, then buy a solar charger you can plug into your dash, and put the solar-cell on the dash. ***** They work in cloudy conditions as well.*****

I'm sure someone will come on here and explain the batt/alt issue, if that's your problem............ Still doesn't mean you shouldn't get a charger and use it about once a month since you drain it a lot.

Another thing about how our cars work...... When turning the key on, you need to have the hand brake on before you 1st turn on the key, that's so your daytime running lights won't come on, the lights will drain the batt a lot quicker than the sound system.

Yeah thanks, it was for sure the lights because I just went out and cranked and it didnt want to, but it turned over. Drove it around for a couple mins. Parked it, and turned it off then back on and it fired up. I guess leaving my HIDS running wasnt such a great idea at all.

yeah i did the same thing one time. was out on break at work listening to music and then when i went to go leave later on it did same thing. warning lights and the clicking. just kick started it and drove around. i never had my lights on tho it had the break on, my dad thinks it might be the auto lights with my HIDs that did it.

Back