Bent clutch slave line

lgaliza808

Kihei, Hawaii
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey 9thcivic,

Sorry for posting on here, but I been trying to fix this for awhile now. I did the clutch delay valve delete awhile back and I tightened my hard line too tight where it got all twisted up; yeah I feel stupid. The problem I'm having is finding the part online. Been searching on this forum for awhile to figure out where you guys purchase parts, but i'm clueless. I bent the line that is connected to the clutch slave, and I want to fix it. I bought the stainless steel clutch line from P2R but it's only after the "hardline", I just found out that's what it's called, haha. As you can see i'm not to knowledgeable when it comes to part names. I attached a picture of the part i'm talking about.

I appreciate it and thanks in advance for your replies!

Attachments

• F767JAWI53HZ8GT.LARGE.jpg
    F767JAWI53HZ8GT.LARGE.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 24
Thanks i went ahead and just ordered a hybrid racing em1 cmc with ss line. I was looking more into the mod and really like the reviews people are saying about it.

Hmmm...you may be the first here to upgrade the cmc. You will have to let us know how it feels...and maybe do a DIY.

Yeah no problem im going to follow hybrid racings guide for the 8th gen. They said all i need to do is adjust the clutch pedal so you're able to move the clutch slave with your hand? I'll keep you guys informed when the parts come in.

Remember when you put the CMC in to bench bleed it first or you will have a very difficult time getting all of the air out of the system. Also over time keep an eye on the seal that goes around the pushrod on the inside of the cabin. They tend to develop leaks after several years or under the stress of additional fluid pressure from performance clutches.

Remember when you put the CMC in to bench bleed it first or you will have a very difficult time getting all of the air out of the system. Also over time keep an eye on the seal that goes around the pushrod on the inside of the cabin. They tend to develop leaks after several years or under the stress of additional fluid pressure from performance clutches.
Bench bleeding is when you fill cmc up with brake fluid prior to installing it on the car right?

Correct. You fill it and then push the rod until fluid comes out of the output fitting. This removes any air that could potentially be trapped in the internal calving of the cmc. After you bench bleed then you can install and bleed the whole system.

I feel a little lost here. You are replacing your CMC when you bent the hard line that feeds into your slave cylinder? I assume it's a kit that comes with all lines down to the slave otherwise I can't see how it would fix your initial problem? College Hills Honda would be the place I would look for the hard line if that's what you truly need. I'm all for the new CMC as I'm curious to get one myself but didn't know we had one for the 9th's. The 2 components are on opposite ends is all I'm questioning on why this route?

I feel a little lost here. You are replacing your CMC when you bent the hard line that feeds into your slave cylinder? I assume it's a kit that comes with all lines down to the slave otherwise I can't see how it would fix your initial problem? College Hills Honda would be the place I would look for the hard line if that's what you truly need. I'm all for the new CMC as I'm curious to get one myself but didn't know we had one for the 9th's. The 2 components are on opposite ends is all I'm questioning on why this route?
I'm having grinding issues at high rpms and the fix i read was the cmc issue. I bent the hard line while doing the CDV mod and never got around to fixing it. I'm still experiencing grinds though so I'm going to try the em1 cmc. Instead of just changing the clutchline. The em1 cmc kit from hard motion comes with a one piece stainless steel line from the cmc to the slave. Sorry if you can't understand this. I'm typing on a phone.

No you make perfect sense, I haven't heard of that kit personally till now and makes sense that it comes with all lines to fit. I have a continues catching/popping out of gear that I contributed (a possibility) to bad fluids sitting stagnant at Honda over time since its probably in giant bulk containers. Sounds dumb I know but I did the CDV delete myself and when I bled/flushed my clutch the color was night and day difference, yellow vs almost clear at 3000 miles or so and a month or so old. The brake fluid is the same yellow color and I'll try to get a pic to show the comparison but not too encouraging to me. Plus how common are manual trans nowadays? Just a theory and ever since the second day of ownership at 50 miles I've had a catching in every gear problem intermittently so I'm gonna try a fluid change. And not just a single catch, there's times it feels like I'm poking a stick into a box of rocks. First gear can be nasty some times from a stop. And this all started before I started to beat on it, seems like beating on it makes it better at times lol.

Also dunno if you've or anyone else has experienced the same thing but ever since the CDV delete and possibly just due to 5k miles on the car now (driven moderately hard honestly) my clutch while "buzz" and vibrate the HELL out of my foot when the clutch grabs. At higher rpms more so of course you can feel it. I also have clutch spring chatter I know on moderate to high rpm shifts before the CDV delete and it sounds like a grinding gear but even a lagged shift to make sure it engages and does smoothly still does the same noise as the clutch starts to grab. Also get a similar clunk to a bad diff or c/v axle since first week when you start rolling from a stop. Feel like i got a Friday tranns :(. I am interested in how the em1 cmc works for you as I might upgrade mine since I feel that could be a contributing factor to my "issues".

No you make perfect sense, I haven't heard of that kit personally till now and makes sense that it comes with all lines to fit. I have a continues catching/popping out of gear that I contributed (a possibility) to bad fluids sitting stagnant at Honda over time since its probably in giant bulk containers. Sounds dumb I know but I did the CDV delete myself and when I bled/flushed my clutch the color was night and day difference, yellow vs almost clear at 3000 miles or so and a month or so old. The brake fluid is the same yellow color and I'll try to get a pic to show the comparison but not too encouraging to me. Plus how common are manual trans nowadays? Just a theory and ever since the second day of ownership at 50 miles I've had a catching in every gear problem intermittently so I'm gonna try a fluid change. And not just a single catch, there's times it feels like I'm poking a stick into a box of rocks. First gear can be nasty some times from a stop. And this all started before I started to beat on it, seems like beating on it makes it better at times lol.

Also dunno if you've or anyone else has experienced the same thing but ever since the CDV delete and possibly just due to 5k miles on the car now (driven moderately hard honestly) my clutch while "buzz" and vibrate the HELL out of my foot when the clutch grabs. At higher rpms more so of course you can feel it. I also have clutch spring chatter I know on moderate to high rpm shifts before the CDV delete and it sounds like a grinding gear but even a lagged shift to make sure it engages and does smoothly still does the same noise as the clutch starts to grab. Also get a similar clunk to a bad diff or c/v axle since first week when you start rolling from a stop. Feel like i got a Friday tranns :(. I am interested in how the em1 cmc works for you as I might upgrade mine since I feel that could be a contributing factor to my "issues".
Yeah I'm really frustrated with this car. I already started to believe that my trans was broken and that my synchros was going bad. I was starting to look at spare trans to use while i rebuild this one, but then I found out about the EM1 CMC from other forums. Their reasons for installing it were similar to mine, so i'm hoping my frustrations and stress disappear. I really hate this thing, and I'm hoping this mod will change everything. Im experiencing the same problems as you like being unable to shift at high rpms. I'll let you guys know on my progress with this mod and hopefully end this grinding issue at high rpms.

I just completed installation of the EM1 CMC into my 2012 civic si. This is probably the first upgrade anyone should do to their beloved SI. I wasted a **** ton of money trying to diagnose this problem, and I'm relieved that I finally have my civic back. I don't have any pictures yet uploaded, but all i did was follow hybrid racings guide on how to install the EM1 CMC into the 8th gen civics, and that was pretty much the same steps you need to take. I'll write up a DIY later on when I have got more time. I have a stage 2 6 puck clutch and it feels like a totally brand new clutch. I can't wait to go on the track. I was able to shift into gear without it getting stuck into gear, or having it grind or catch a little bit on the gears. I really thought my transmission was broken. Just remember to bleed the lines really well, and don't forget to adjust the point of engagement to your liking. I found that if you press in the clutch, while trying to turn the rod on the clutch master cylinder, it would make it easier. thanks and let me know if you guys have any questions for me. I'll be glad to answer any. The install is rather easy, just follow hybrid racings guide, or you can also google "2012 civic em1 cmc" and that helped me find couple guides to get a better perspective on what to do. Thanks and have a good one!

Back