Best mod route keeping car quiet as possible?

Doublestack00

GA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I have a 2013 Si, right now my only mod is a AFE Takeda CAI. I am looking to do a few more mods, I know i want to get a Flashpro and have Vit tune it. But I am wondering what other mods I can do yet maintain close to stock exhaust note? Would a cated downpipe make the car a lot louder? Is there any exhaust that is close to stock that would actually make a difference in power?

@squiggy has the full race DP and I think @323 has the RV6. They may be able to give you more insight. A catted pipe will be quieter than a non-catted and the Invidia Q300 is the quietest aftermarket exhaust I know of. Most people say it is only slightly louder than stock. Hope that helps.

A bigger downpipe will add some noticeable volume, I gave the Ultimate Racing downpipe which is 3" like most others, the RV6 is only 2.5" which will still give you some gains but probably be a bit quieter than the rest.

For the exhaust, I recommend Ultimate Racing because they have an option to add a secondary muffler to the exhaust system, making it very quiet while cruising.

Yea, it seems the Greddy SP Elite (which is not made for sedan and that is what I have) and the Q300 are the quietest out there. I like the sound of the SP better.

Anyone have a catted down pipe and Q300 with sound clips?

I am running the Full-Race Catless DP and it dose not sound any loader while just driving around normally but when you kick it up a notch it is kinda loader but not to far from stock and if you get the one with the cat it will tone it down some more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix
A bigger downpipe will add some noticeable volume, I gave the Ultimate Racing downpipe which is 3" like most others, the RV6 is only 2.5" which will still give you some gains but probably be a bit quieter than the rest.

For the exhaust, I recommend Ultimate Racing because they have an option to add a secondary muffler to the exhaust system, making it very quiet while cruising.

What is the difference in power gains with the 2.5 or 3" downpipe is staying NA?

The Q300 is $510 shipped, vs $825 for the UR. I'll probably go with the Q300.

Get q300 if you want quiet exhaust that is slightly louder than stock. Everything else is loud

The guy next to me has one it is SUPER load I can hear him driving down the road for miles sitting at my couch watching t.v

Yea, I def do not want that. I'd like it so unless I am getting on it you'd think it was stock. I do not want the added attention.

Yea, I def do not want that. I'd like it so unless I am getting on it you'd think it was stock. I do not want the added attention.
Like Michal006 said I would get the Q300 it is probably the best for not being loud. Or well from what I have heard in person.

Back