Best Time to Buy 14 Si Sedan New?

NateDaGreat58

Hi Everyone!

I'm getting closer to making the next step in buying a new, blue, 14 Si sedan and to say I'm excited would be an under statement! Originally, I was planning on buying a 14 model right before the 15 came out at the end of December in order to get the lowest price possible.

Do you think that is a good idea? Say if I decide to buy on December 28th, could I still use TrueCar to pull up the 14 as new to get a great deal? Also, when are the 15s expected to be on the lot?

Thanks for your time!

You've got the right idea.

The best time to buy any car is at the end of December...

However, it's a little different when you are looking for specific cars, color combos, etc...

New sports cars, like a Si will move. It's not like picking a Camaro out at Ford when they have 25 of them sitting around. Honda might have 2-3 Civic Si on the lot.

So don't expect the get like $2-1K off a new Si just yet.

Always wait at the end of a month to buy a car. Dealers will want to close their month with the most sales possible to reach their objectives / get their bonuses. Wich means that they will mostly do anything to get an extra sale.

Always wait at the end of a month to buy a car. Dealers will want to close their month with the most sales possible to reach their objectives / get their bonuses. Wich means that they will mostly do anything to get an extra sale.

True. Also try to not finance through the dealership. Then it is much harder to negotiate a price. Try to finance with a bank prior or preferably buy in cash.

I bought a Dyno Blue Pearl SI sedan 12 days ago. True Car in my area has SI sedans going for 1.7% over MSRP. I considered it a good deal if I could negotiate any deal under MSRP which I was able to do but not by much. I had to travel to another state to get the colour I wanted. There was another dealer who wanted 2k over MSRP, that was the deal take it or leave it...I left it. The dealer told me they don't budge on the price of the car because they know someone will pay over MSRP for the car.

I bought a Dyno Blue Pearl SI sedan 12 days ago. True Car in my area has SI sedans going for 1.7% over MSRP. I considered it a good deal if I could negotiate any deal under MSRP which I was able to do but not by much. I had to travel to another state to get the colour I wanted. There was another dealer who wanted 2k over MSRP, that was the deal take it or leave it...I left it. The dealer told me they don't budge on the price of the car because they know someone will pay over MSRP for the car.
Colorado springs? That's crazy. I've seen a lot of dealers take about 1k off msrp without much work.

Hmm that's interesting that it's so expensive in your area. I'm in Texas and True Car was able to get over 7% savings from MSRP for me. Here is a screenshot. The price listed is for a Navi model for the SI Sedan. Looks like a great deal! Who knows, it may be even lower when I decide to pull the trigger at the end of December!

Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 3.57.26 PM.png

I don't know why but Colorado does not get that many SI coupes or sedans and when they do it's black. A quick inventory search of the area (15 dealers) and there is not one SI coupe or sedan for sale. I guess the dealers know this and they try and charge accordingly.

Wait till the end of the month. Dealers will do everything to sell you the car for the price that you want. Good luck

Just put in my order for a DBP '15 Civic Si sedan w/Navi straight from the factory! Price before TTL and accessories $23,625. Waiting 6-8 weeks is going to be the longest ever haha. It definitely is nice knowing that the car won't have previous test drives as well. Thanks for your help! This forum has been an invaluable asset in my research of this car.

Last edited:
Colorado Dealers must be smoking some good weed, because around here I just bring in a TrueCar quote and they match or beat it. I bought my current '13 Si Sedan in late December 2013 and got a $1500 better trade on my BMW 128i than NADA book value as well :pimp:

Back