Borla Cat-back

Isn't stock piping already 2.5"?

Nothing out yet but they do have a Non SI axle-back for any Non SI owners.

We will be sure to keep everyone posted when anything for the SI comes out!

Thanks
Dan

I love the sound! Not loud at normal driving sounds great pulling. Reminds me of dual resonator vibrant on my 8th gen, and can not go wrong with borla. Nice gains too have research how they compare though.
Afraid of price though!

Too bad the Borla exhaust system was a failure for the 8thgens. They only made a 2.25" exhaust which is the same as stock...

Borla makes conservative products in terms of piping diameter, etc. I don't plan on going 3" on this car. Yea, the gains are there, but I'm willing to sacrifice 4-5hp (estimate*) for a quieter car with a more subdued tone.

Borla makes quality products with 1million mile warranty, their exhausts I have never heard bad things about. I am only concerned that I want to go S/C that the smaller diameter will hurt. I have emailed borla about the exhaust and will update once I hear back.

Borla makes conservative products in terms of piping diameter, etc. I don't plan on going 3" on this car. Yea, the gains are there, but I'm willing to sacrifice 4-5hp (estimate*) for a quieter car with a more subdued tone.

The reason they make smaller diameter is based on their research and development. It was shown that they were able to produce more power with their systems at a smaller diameter, plus their trademark tone. If they go 2.5" I will seriously be saving for this exhaust, if they do 2.25" big mistake like the 8th gens.

That's only axle back though.

Update from Borla on the exhaust:

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for your continued support of our exhaust! While we have completed the design process for the exhaust, we believe it will be approximately one to two weeks before the system is ready for normal production and orders. We strongly believe the system will be ready for sale early in February.

We noticed a gain of approximately 5 to 7 extra horsepower and foot pounds of torque. While our system is more efficient than the stock system at all points, the performance gain is most noticeable in the higher RPM range. This is even more evident when V-tech engages and the difference in performance over the stock system can exceed the normally quoted 5 to 7. Near the end of the video we have actually included a copy of our in0house dyno graph which shows the comparison between our system and stock.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. (deleted contact info)

Thank you,
Chris Baas
Borla Performance Industries

Back