Car keeps dieing

rain91

Vehicle Model
fb6
Body Style
http://soundcloud.com/lazy_rain
My car has died prolly 5-7 times since January, dunno wtf is going on. I had my battery checked at the Honda and my battery seems to be good, according to the ticket.

I literally drove it for 2 hours heading back to school and then a few hours later I couldnt even unlock/lock my doors with my remote. I even had to jump it before I left my house to go back to school. The hell is going on ?

Anything changed or added when this problem started?. Have the dealer check the battery connections and the alternator.

@Freddiii had her alternator replaced by honda. I believe 2 users had a new starter installed. If you live near an autozone/advanced auto type store they will test your battery/alternator for free. You just have to get your car there.

Yea I burned thru two batteries before they checked the alternator. But Canadian folks r saying there's something with the battery management system on the ecu that they got updated cuz it wasn't telling the alternator to charge the battery properly. Ask about all that.

Hmm just a thought, when I had to jump my car with regular cables was I supposed to let it run for like 5 to 10 minutes with the cables still connected to both cars?

Negative. Once it's jumped it's jumped. You need to let the car run for a while after it's jumped though. The battery will recharge in time.

alright thanks, even though i drove for 2 hours back home my car still died hours later. guess i gotta take my car in to check for that alternator problem everyone else seems to have

You need to find the problem that's causing the batt to die...... You could mess up a new batt from just replacing without fixing the problem.

Not that this is the cause of "your" batt dying, but once you get everything fixed, batt's need to be "FULLY" charged on occasion with a slow charger. Also any new batt should be "FULLY" charged before use.... Do not rely on the seller saying it was.

Good to hear. Do you know if they tested the alternator as well?

bad cell in the battery. battery checked good when i came in but then they did a different test and reported it was bad. replaced the battery, all is (hopefully) now good
Don't forget to fully charge your new batt, do not trust any one, do it yourself. Remember they were the same ones that said it was ok the 1st time.............

Reactions: Nix
Back