Catted 3" downpipe & exhaust other than Full-Race

Geoffrey Brantner

New Orleans, LA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
4dr sedan
Looked at Skunk 2, but don't see a catted option. My dealer made an agreement that as long as its a catted system, they won't give me any crap about replacing the exhaust. So, I want to go that route.

Was considering the Full-Race when their end of the year deals pushed me over; it was a small discount, but the gesture was enough to make me ready to purchase the downpipe, exhaust and rear motor mount as a package. However, though my brother and I both called on different days, before New Years, money-in-hand and left messages, no one returned our calls to take our money. This week, according to Full-Race, its our problem and there's nothing they can do.

So, can anyone recommend another high-quality, 3" catted downpipe and exhaust comparable in quality to the Full-Race? I don't care if it costs a bit more as it's a matter of ethical practices. Any recommendations appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

This is disappointing to hear about @Full-Race. If true, and @Full-Race Geoff can't help resolve the situation, Ultimate Racing offers a downpipe of pretty much the same quality.

Also, catted or not, you warranty can only be voided for the specific part failure that is caused by the failure due to lack of a catalytic converter. i.e. not something to worry about and, if the dealer says otherwise, tell them to read up on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (link in my signature).

On the other hand, go catted to avoid the smell and be considerate of those driving behind you. Not to mention being considerate of the environment.

So full race was essentially running a sale (which you called during), and then told you they won't honor the sale price as of today? How much of a savings were they offering?

I'm a bit confused. Why didn't you try to purchase via website? If you had money in hand why did you wait a week to purchase?

My experience with Full Race was amazing.

No Sales No Holidays No promotions

I called them and requested a quote for all three items. Since it was a package of over 1000 dollars, I asked to consider a disount for a good customer and 9civic member.

Got a discount on all three, but wasn't happy with shipping. I emailed them about shipping. Received a better quote with shipping reduced. Agreed and purchased on the spot. FULL Race is an amazing exhaust and Downpipe. I would reconsider, there are many companies that sell the full race. Hmmmm did you try buying directly from Full Race or authorized dealer?

Also, catted or not, you warranty can only be voided for the specific part failure that is caused by the failure due to lack of a catalytic converter. i.e. not something to worry about and, if the dealer says otherwise, tell them to read up on the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (link in my signature).

On the other hand, go catted to avoid the smell and be considerate of those driving behind you. Not to mention being considerate of the environment.

You're absolutely correct on all accounts. However, your dealer can still give you crap about it, and unfortunately many do. I just spoke with them in advance; the preemptive strike thing.

I'm a bit confused. Why didn't you try to purchase via website? If you had money in hand why did you wait a week to purchase?

My experience with Full Race was amazing.

No Sales No Holidays No promotions

I called them and requested a quote for all three items. Since it was a package of over 1000 dollars, I asked to consider a disount for a good customer and 9civic member.

Got a discount on all three, but wasn't happy with shipping. I emailed them about shipping. Received a better quote with shipping reduced. Agreed and purchased on the spot. FULL Race is an amazing exhaust and Downpipe. I would reconsider, there are many companies that sell the full race. Hmmmm did you try buying directly from Full Race or authorized dealer?

I'm glad that you had an awesome experience with them and enjoy their great products. I wish that I had, and I didn't wait. Though I didn't want to go into detail, now I must.

I contacted Full-Race directly, per their instructions in their advertisement and got a quote emailed to me. I do not see a way to enter an order based on that quote on their website, so I called them prior to New Years, while the sale was still active. Then, as I intended to have it shipped to my brother's place, I gave him the funds for the purchase and he called them, also before New Years, while the sale was still active. Neither of us received a call in return.

The weekend passed, still nothing. My brother called them and explained that we had both called the previous week, during the sale, and that no one had gotten back with us. The folks at Full-Race were not rude or anything, but simply stated, 'well, the sale is over now, so there's nothing we can do'. Though they labeled this sale as their 'end of the year clearance', it was a very modest discount to begin with, more of a symbolic gesture. But, I appreciated it enough to go ahead and make the purchase. The fact is that it's such a minor discount that when they failed to honor their quote, the price goes up very little.

Its not that they're bad guys and their products, as we all know, are top-notch. However, I am a man of my word. Forgotten things such as integrity and honor mean a great deal to me. They simply failed in an agreement with me. I don't expect others to not buy their products because of my experience. Please view my OP again and you'll observe that its not a scathing flame attack against Full-Race, just three simple sentences explaining why I'm looking for something else. No tags to draw attention. If I can't find something else that I'm confident in, I'll probably do exactly as you've suggested and buy the Full-Race products, but I'll simply deal with an authorized dealer.

Its just an unfortunate set of circumstances, because it is their products that I want. Thank you for your time.

So full race was essentially running a sale (which you called during), and then told you they won't honor the sale price as of today? How much of a savings were they offering?

It was a modest but appreciated discount. Without it, the price may have risen by $100-$200.

This is disappointing to hear about @Full-Race. If true, and @Full-Race Geoff can't help resolve the situation, Ultimate Racing offers a downpipe of pretty much the same quality.

Thank you for the recommendation. However, I'm very much liking the idea of purchasing the Full-Race products from a dealer. I've wanted to use their products all along.

I'm glad that you had an awesome experience with them and enjoy their great products. I wish that I had, and I didn't wait. Though I didn't want to go into detail, now I must.

I contacted Full-Race directly, per their instructions in their advertisement and got a quote emailed to me. I do not see a way to enter an order based on that quote on their website, so I called them prior to New Years, while the sale was still active. Then, as I intended to have it shipped to my brother's place, I gave him the funds for the purchase and he called them, also before New Years, while the sale was still active. Neither of us received a call in return.

The weekend passed, still nothing. My brother called them and explained that we had both called the previous week, during the sale, and that no one had gotten back with us. The folks at Full-Race were not rude or anything, but simply stated, 'well, the sale is over now, so there's nothing we can do'. Though they labeled this sale as their 'end of the year clearance', it was a very modest discount to begin with, more of a symbolic gesture. But, I appreciated it enough to go ahead and make the purchase. The fact is that it's such a minor discount that when they failed to honor their quote, the price goes up very little.

Its not that they're bad guys and their products, as we all know, are top-notch. However, I am a man of my word. Forgotten things such as integrity and honor mean a great deal to me. They simply failed in an agreement with me. I don't expect others to not buy their products because of my experience. Please view my OP again and you'll observe that its not a scathing flame attack against Full-Race, just three simple sentences explaining why I'm looking for something else. No tags to draw attention. If I can't find something else that I'm confident in, I'll probably do exactly as you've suggested and buy the Full-Race products, but I'll simply deal with an authorized dealer.

Its just an unfortunate set of circumstances, because it is their products that I want. Thank you for your time.

Very Clear now! That's sad to hear. You took the exact same steps . I will email Eric from Full Race, see what he can do! Do you have an email you can pm me, ill send you my quote, so you can compare. Full Race prices are lower then authorized dealers to start.

Sorry for the delayed response; was out of the country until yesterday.

Thank you for your kind reply. Can't seem to PM you with an email address?

Hey! what's up guy! Email him at jon@full-race.com or call him directly
Sorry for the delayed response; was out of the country until yesterday.

Thank you for your kind reply. Can't seem to PM you with an email address?
tell him a friend from 9th civic purchased this package and was given a fair price, ask him what he can do for you. If you don't like discount and that's the best they can do, try to negotiate shipping. I believe I was around 1190 or so for everything, cant find quote tho. Pretty straight forward

Hi Jon

Nice speaking to you earlier. Below is all my information. Thank you

Billing/Shipping

Your Name here
Your full Address here

1- Honda 9th Gen Civic Si and Acura ILX 3" All-Motor Downpipe 2012-2014 K24Z7
Product Options
- Downpipe Coating: None ($0)
- Model: 2 Door Coupe ($0)
- Downpipe Version: With Catalytic Converter ($100)

2- Honda 9th Gen Civic Si and Acura ILX 3" V-band Exhaust System 2012-2015 K24Z7
Product Options
- Application : 2012-2015 Civic Si 2 Door Coupe ($0)

3- Hasport Honda Civic Si 9th gen 2012-2015 K24Z7 Rear Engine Mount
Product Options
- Model: 2 Door Coupe ($0)
- Urethane: U62A (Street) ($0)

Thank you in advance

name here

Hello,

I went ahead and sent the estimate over. The down pipe is currently on back order until the end of the month. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards
Jon Guerra

yNWemidOY43uzlTeS_COrCEMEWCjHQTiuZcXyAXmlEmjEiZSjIbkkAFSqvJhlxjuV9j4vyVKXTsMDitpxo3DTE3TWB64jpKKzXjWiTv8fngBxvS5=s0-d-e1-ft

Sales » (866) FULL-RACE
Direct » (602) 437-2101 ext:613
Fax » (602) 437-1061

Last edited:
Back