Check Airbag System display comes on 2012 Civic EXL

BillF

I bought my 2012 civic from Honda May 2011. Up until a few years ago everything was ok until the Check Airbag System display came on intermittently and would go away the next time I started the engine. It is now appearing more often. The DTC code from my Foxwell reader is:

11-21 Permanent DTC DTC- increased resistance in the left front airbag first inflator.

has anyone else gotten this?

Sounds similar to my case, I just didn’t know what the message was. Replaced the inflator and it fixed the problem. The inflator is a real expensive part.

Sounds similar to my case, I just didn’t know what the message was. Replaced the inflator and it fixed the problem. The inflator is a real expensive part.
Did your repair by dealer fix the problem?

So far, Honda Customer Service is unreceptive to extending any warranty service for this problem

i pulled off the access flap on the steering column and pulled out the yellow wires and jiggled them and replaced the access flap. I did not pack the wires back in the way they were. I replaced the access flap and for 5 days now the “Check system air bag” warning hasnot come on. It would come on daily before this.

Honda Customer Service wanted me to bring into dealership before they woul decide to help or not. I replied that they would either charge me 1200.00 or say they could not duplicate the error code 11-21 about the increased resistance in driverside air bag inflator, reset code asking me to come back.

I think jiggling yellow wires has caused a good connection.

Last edited:
Back