Civic and GoPro

That wasn't nearly as crisp as i remember. Then again, i know from experience that YouTube often downgrades quality.

Speaking of downgrades, that incline on WolfPen was deceptively steep for a 4-bagger. I don't care if the recommended speeds were 10mph or not... I was not expecting to lug it in 3rd.

Finally hit the top at 6:45 mark, right after the Camry invited me to pass her 50 yards before a blind curve.

Last edited:
"This video has been removed by the user."
_________
rats... told my daughter to delete her personal things. I can repost, tho it appears the intended audience already saw it. I had given @sonej4 Richard and his son (in the blue 8thGen ahead of me) an original copy of that first video last year. At the time his car had 225,000 and you could still see that raw VTEC power. Loved watching him. From my vantage point he might have needed to tighten up the suspension... but who wants to spend much on an older car? He's a phenomenal driver though... slicing and dicing the Moonshiner like he was the Stig.

Last edited:
Need to mention in closing, GoPro settings are so so important. Anything but 1080p @60 frames isn't going to cut it. And use the "Extreme" sandisk card. The other cards won't be able to keep up.

_________
rats... told my daughter to delete her personal things. I can repost, tho it appears the intended audience already saw it. I had given @sonej4 Richard and his son (in the blue 8thGen ahead of me) an original copy of that first video last year. At the time his car had 225,000 and you could still see that raw VTEC power. Loved watching him. From my vantage point he might have needed to tighten up the suspension... but who wants to spend much on an older car? He's a phenomenal driver though... slicing and dicing the Moonshiner like he was the Stig.
Your kind words are appreciated. The car now has a new owner at 235k, my son Ryan.

Why not make a separate YouTube account for 9thCivic videos? :)

Your kind words are appreciated. The car now has a new owner at 235k, my son Ryan.

Why not make a separate YouTube account for 9thCivic videos? :)
Can't imagine anyone interested in miles of scenery flying by. But if i can learn to edit video maybe I can post up a few highlights. btw, how was the quality on those earlier vids? I wasn't that impressed myself, at least compared with the original media. My main goal was to demonstrate the advantage of positioning the GoPro on the engine hood. Appreciate the feedback.... thanks.

Back