Civic EX sedan with tranny problems

FG3 Dude

Posting for a friend, he has a 2012 Civic EX sedan with a automatic he called me today and said the car in d-4 will only take off in d-2. will not start off in first and when it's in overdrive he says sometimes it acts like it's trying to go in neutral. The car has 5,374 miles and it's never been abused and i'll add this. last month he had the axel recall on his car and the removed and inspected it then reinstalled it, i told him i think the dealership may have damaged his transmission. he checked the fluid levels and looked for leaks fluid is ok and no leaks. Has anyone here had any problems with their automatics? he is having it towed to the dealership tomorrow morning and will update me.

not seen a single post/thread about a transmission issue like this. Honda needs to investigate and fix whatever it is under warranty

I've heard about the axle, but not what's entailed with the fix, even if it involved messing with the tranny, but the axle could have done something before it was fixed.

I've heard about the axle, but not what's entailed with the fix, even if it involved messing with the tranny, but the axle could have done something before it was fixed.
Could've but i wouldn't put anything past a stealership.

It would be next to impossible to screw up an automatic in the way you describe removing and reinstalling an axle. It goes into the differential which has no hydraulic fluid pressure in it etc. Sounds more like a clutch pack seal has blown out or was damaged when it was assembled. Clearly the warranty will cover this. What you describe is exactly the reason I insisted on a stick. I HATE automatics and the problems the have. I highly recommend NOT walking in blaming the "stealership", just take it in and let the warranty cover whatever happened.

It would be next to impossible to screw up an automatic in the way you describe removing and reinstalling an axle. It goes into the differential which has no hydraulic fluid pressure in it etc. Sounds more like a clutch pack seal has blown out or was damaged when it was assembled. Clearly the warranty will cover this. What you describe is exactly the reason I insisted on a stick. I HATE automatics and the problems the have. I highly recommend NOT walking in blaming the "stealership", just take it in and let the warranty cover whatever happened.
Oh i told him not to blame them cause you never know what caused the problem, and i agree it sounds like a clutch pack or maybe even the torque converter. He bought a auto cause his wife can't drive a stick and he has a bad shoulder.

Back