Cleaned and put away for the winter

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
So I got my snow tires put on yesterday and today I cleaned and polished my wheels to store them for the winter. I get a wash about once a week so they weren't bad but I didn't want to let them sit for a few months with road dirt and brake dust on them. I would have done this outside but since I live in an apt they were cleaned in the tub!

I went looking for a few things I saw recommended on here by people but I didn't see what I was looking for at the Auto Zone. I read the back of a few wheel cleaners. I used the Black Magic No Scrub Wheel Cleaner. It was the only one that said it was safe for plastic, powder coat, paint, and factory finishes. A lot of the other cleaners said they were not recommended for painted or powder coated. Read your labels if you are going to buy something, don't want to strip the finish off your wheels.

Anyway this is the stuff.... worked pretty good.
cleanerw.jpg

The dirt wasn't too heavy
barreldirt.jpg

I think you can see my finger prints in the dirt...
backdirt.jpg

I sprayed em' down and then after letting them sit I sort of scrubbed with a micro-fiber to get the dirt off with the shower on.
frontsprayed.jpg

After a rinse....
frontrinsed.jpg

Then a quick dry off with a towel. Polished and tires hit with Meguiars Endurance Tire Spray.
done4.jpg

Until next spring........

Feathers? They look good.

looks very clean/nice... now the wait for sunny days

Ima plasti dip min hopefully in a week or two for the winter. Somethign about clean wheels just makes me :drool:

What are you running for the winter? Im running steel stockies with black PD'd covers. Ill try and get a pic up.

I still need to clean mine, good thing for powder coating brake dust doesn't stick to it

Back