Clutch pedal feel

TF_FB6

York, PA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
I got a 2015 civic si and just recently my pedals completely changed feel where the grip point feels like maybe a quarter away from all the way to the floor. Is this normal or is this wear from the clutch delay valve? FYI my car only has 7800 miles on it and I also notice at time the clutch feel changes a lot. I mainly drive highway and im semi aggressive on it but nothing I haven't ever done with any of my other Hondas I have had. Just new to these newer cars and not use to these big changes.

I got a 2015 civic si and just recently my pedals completely changed feel where the grip point feels like maybe a quarter away from all the way to the floor. Is this normal or is this wear from the clutch delay valve? FYI my car only has 7800 miles on it and I also notice at time the clutch feel changes a lot. I mainly drive highway and im semi aggressive on it but nothing I haven't ever done with any of my other Hondas I have had. Just new to these newer cars and not use to these big changes.

Our '12 Si hasn't changed in 44,000 miles (4 years on the 6th of January) - the take-up point is closer to 3/4 up from the floor and very consistant, well it may have changed 10% but not all at once.
Feel hasn't changed at all - take 'er in for a check.

webby: my engagement point changes it was at the top and other days at the bottom like a master or slave cylinder would be the problem.

Tacthecat: I have a feeling that's what I will be doing not to thrilled about it but id rather be on the safe side then worry about it constantly.

My clutch use to be very on/off towards the top. With the CDV in and this characteristic was a PITA to shift smooth honestly. Did a CDV delete with a dot4 upgrade and felt more linear but still had the higher contact point. This didn't change for about 10k miles but since I've been really rolling through gears up and down (heel/toe mainly) my catch point has dropped and feels almost spongy. Spongy may not be the best word. Still clamps great and doesn't slip or feel like it does. My assumption is just the clutch wearing in to a more aggressive driver. The clutch will also mold to how you drive it. I've changed ways of shifting/knobs and it makes the clutch react different every time. Day to day the clutch can feel slightly different. Different people the same day driving the same car will change the clutch feel.

Flip side though is I have thought maybe it's been over heated during heel/toe's, especially learning was rougher and rpm matching. Now its a 80% perfect blip to a lower gear so it's smooth and easy on the trans and clutch but did I cause to much heat one time? Smelt the clutch burning once at real low mileage (assumed break in) other times pretty sure my brakes/tires but maybe it was clutch. Rotors are heat stressed cracked so yea I make sure my brakes work a lot lol. Worst I've done is miss 3/4 and hit 2. Yea rpms pegged felt the clutch slip, felt like a complete idiot and pulled it to N after a couple secs of going "WTF?!" Didn't smell clutch and it operated fine but after this is when the clutch did feel different. Point of my response though is your not alone and it's easily possible a normal trait.

Side question - Since we are on clutch subject let me pick your brain. After driving spirited for a couple mins doing back roads I come to a complete stop and try to take off. If i don't rev to 2500+ it bogs and dogs SOO bad. I thought it was heat soak and probably most likely true but at times I think it might be clutch. You experience this? Clutch grabs fine but feels spongier from lack of power or bad clutch I think. Hooked up a obd II adapter to run torque to see temps for coolant/intake and other things. Assumed I would see some changes in numbers during heat soak stages, but honestly wasn't much hotter all the way around between good cold take offs and bog hot take offs. Makes me think heat soak might not be the issue, just an assumption though.

UPDATE.. I went to the dealership they said its fine but im at the point now I feel my springs in my disc are loose with how it feels. At this point its documented im gonna ride it out for now, im heavily debating taking the clutch delay off and seeing how that is.

Back