Control arm problem

TheSnowSi

Okay so it was raining and I have absolutely no threads in my front 2 tires anywho... I slid and hit the right side of my front wheel but not the back right and it ended up with a wheel looking kind of inwards or slightly inwards I decided to take the wheel off and take a look and the bushing around the control arm looks like it's hanging down giving it the slightly inward look on the wheel but anyways I wanted to get a second perspective from anyone here with some experience or knowledge about this? Thanks!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410828757.971105.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410828765.401530.jpg

The control arm bushings look completely fine. My advice is that you should get a brand new set of tires and get an alignment. Lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410833562.446446.jpg yeah I'm definitely in need of an alignment here is what the tire looks like and the opposite front looks the same

Yeah I will as well as new rims since all of mine are chipped and scrapped but are you for sure that little bushing looks fine? I mean if it's just an alignment it's fine but it's 90 bucks to get one and honestly I wouldn't want to just go get it and then find out it's something worse and get another 90 on it for the alignment

Yes, the control arm bushing is fine. It looks like it is popping out bc the car is suspended. You can look at the bushing when the car isn't on the lift. Just turn the wheel all the way to the right.

Reactions: Nix
Dar is correct. That is the compliance bushing. It looks fine. Your tires are downright dangerous though. They should have been replaced long ago. You will either hurt yourself or someone else running tires like that. Not to be harsh but that is completely unacceptable to be driving near other people with tires like that.

If you are on the road with tires in that condition I think you should just stay home. You are putting other peoples lives in danger because you cannot be bothered to maintain basic safety measures on your car.

Go get new tires right now. Completely irresponsible to drive like that. It really makes me angry to think that you thought that was ok.

Technical note: The inner shoulder looks to have worn just slightly less than the outside. Consider getting some camber bolts and running slightly more negative camber in the front. It will help with handling and tire wear since you won't eat the outside shoulder as badly.

Alright thanks dar and nix and thanks for the safety and technical note but my car shop was in the shop since it flooded and it got replaced with a used engine block, when this happened I took it home and well it slid... And I don't drive it since it has bald tires so don't worry I know better than that.

Little note I don't know much about aligning on cars but what should I get the camber adjusted?, could the honda dealership do this procedure? And of so what should I run them at?

Reactions: Nix
Well, all right then. But get it fixed! New tires and you are forgiven.

As far as camber, you will need camber bolts to be able to adjust the front and camber arms to adjust the rears. The camber is basically non adjustable from the factory. Camber bolts for the front are relatively inexpensive at around $30 for a set. A set is 2 bolts, one for each side. Factory is about 0 to -0.5 degrees. If you dialed in about -1 degree you would get some benefit of better handling and not killing the outer shoulders but not so much that it would effect tire life. Toe is the main thing to be wary of. Toe settings should be as close to 0 as possible and that is adjustable from the factory. If you're not lowered at all I would not worry about the rear camber arms. A good, regular rotation schedule will also help maintain your tires life. Rotate the tires every time or every other time you get the oil changed.

Yeah I always purchase the 3 oil changes and 3 tire rotations ever since I got my car so I've always kept them good, it's just the burn outs that I had done previously, anyways you have to learn some way... I'll hopefully try to buy the hfp rims and might as well get the 18' tires as well once I get all 4 which will probably be next week I'll start driving my baby again [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] I miss driving her so much I'm using my moms 2014 honda accord to transport around, anyways thank you for everyone who pitched in and also mentioned to be safe, nice meeting you guys and hope to post pictures of the tires and new set of wheels soon [emoji16]

By the way if anyone is looking to buy the hfp wheels and tires for those rims, here is a quote from honda parts ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410880581.279419.jpg

This isn't including tire balancing and mount but it's 25 for each wheel/tire so just add $100 to the total.

That is expensive. Good wheels and tires from tirerack are a better deal and they will come mounted/balanced.

Wow I just looked at tirerack for tires and as well as webbys link for college hills honda and omg you save around 500-700 bucks easily... Jesus Christ Honda is way too demanding and aggressive on original parts

If your just running stock suspension you don't need to worry about camber, its set and not adjustable. From the looks of that tire it looks like over inflation to me. I think our tires are 35lbs. Whatever it is make sure you are at what it says on the tire. No more, no less. And yes please replace the tires if they look like that, its dangerous.

Back