Crack part cause leaking

palsut

Hello everyone, I'm new and it is my first Honda car I ever own. I got a new car 2 weeks ago. Well actually used car under 7900 miles. The car fax report is good and clear. It is 2014 Honda Civic EX coupe. Then oil change % tell me time to service oil soon 2 days later after I got a new car. Last Sunday, I changed my oil. I just noticed small leak all over metal sheet cover. I took it to Honda dealership last Monday. They clean it up and tell me come back to if it is leak on Friday. I look under the car this morning. Yep, leak is back again. After they clean it up the messy leak. Now, I just noticed lot of cracks after I flash it with my camera. That's not good. I just can't believe it is only 8200 miles as right now. It cannot be normal to have that cracks.

Have anyone have that problem before?

unnamed-jpg.43008

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 33
I've seen similar things on other sites and people call them casting marks. Any chance you have another pic further back showing exactly where this is on the engine?

This is further back as I can. Low ramp is not helpful for camera lol. It is left side of engine where it leaks. Next by exhaust pipe on the top (not in picture) is oil pan where you usually change your own oil. My picture is kind sideway. I should rotate it back.

There is better picture if it does help. Small red circle is oil drain plug. Big red circle is leaking whatever is that. unnamed1.jpg

970d6f0e.jpg

best pic of the 8th gen r18 I could find... @420Coupe or some other r18 owners may be able to confirm, but it looks like that may be the union to the transmission.

That does really suck. I got rid of my old car cause me lot of problems. Engine/transmission/rough idle. Now this? I sure can't catch a break. I bought it from Dodge used dealership. From what I see they never check under the car. I don't know if I should return it back to get refund for faulty car or have Honda (come back on Friday if it is leaking again) fix it. I don't even pay of 1st payment of this car yet! Geez.

Back