CT Engineering Supercharger Beta Testing

Just a question for the masses on superchargers (as I am heavily considering buying the CT one sometime this summer), if a car ever runs into a problem engine-wise could one just take it in to a shop and have the supercharger removed and then take it into Honda for repair or is it blatantly obvious that you have ran a supercharger and get an instant denial? Forgive me if this has been asked but the warranty is literally the only thing holding me back at this point... :(

Just a question for the masses on superchargers (as I am heavily considering buying the CT one sometime this summer), if a car ever runs into a problem engine-wise could one just take it in to a shop and have the supercharger removed and then take it into Honda for repair or is it blatantly obvious that you have ran a supercharger and get an instant denial? Forgive me if this has been asked but the warranty is literally the only thing holding me back at this point... :(

I have a feeling that if the damage was caused by the supercharger they'd somehow claim it was user error. You'd likely only see issue with an improper install. I'd trust the SC from CT on the base tune they offer. But for peace of mind, maybe you should wait.

You can install the supercharger with basic tools. You don't need to take it to a shop. From what I've been seeing they can charge upward towards $800 just to install. The installation is far easier than it was for the 8th gen because you don't have to touch your fuel tank and crush your regulator. I believe that alone snips 1.5-2 hours off the Average Joe's < or = 8hrs of work. As with most of the aftermarket products we all install, we spend the majority of the time taking the OEM junk out. I talked to Nate at CT and they're very conscious about the challenges we all face in terms of installation and they designed every part to install as seamlessly as possible. Even the bolt heads they use are of the smallest practical size to allow the enthusiast maximum access given the small space we have to work with it.

IIRC CT also gives you a one-year warranty one a stage 1 kit. But IMO, CT-Engineering utilizing Doug McMillan of Hondata to collect data and tune these blowers for their company is incredible. I had the pleasure of working with Doug and having him tune the blower and compile data. (An interesting tidbit: of all the cars he tuned, he also tuned the Ariel Atom Jeremy Clarkson drove in Top Gear. This blew my mind! He isn't the type of person who gloats at all about this- there just happened to be an Ariel Atom in the shop and he asked if I knew what one was. My reply, "TOP GEAR!"). He only said Jeremy Clarkson seemed to enjoy it.

It was such an honor meeting him as an enthusiast I asked him to sign my blower cover. :)

Anyway, if knowing that the guy who created your FlashPro is heavily involved in the tuning of your CT-E blower isn't peace of mind enough, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
You can install the supercharger with basic tools. You don't need to take it to a shop. From what I've been seeing they can charge upward towards $800 just to install. The installation is far easier than it was for the 8th gen because you don't have to touch your fuel tank and crush your regulator. I believe that alone snips 1.5-2 hours off the Average Joe's < or = 8hrs of work. As with most of the aftermarket products we all install, we spend the majority of the time taking the OEM junk out. I talked to Nate at CT and they're very conscious about the challenges we all face in terms of installation and they designed every part to install as seamlessly as possible. Even the bolt heads they use are of the smallest practical size to allow the enthusiast maximum access given the small space we have to work with it.

IIRC CT also gives you a one-year warranty one a stage 1 kit. But IMO, CT-Engineering utilizing Doug McMillan of Hondata to collect data and tune these blowers for their company is incredible. I had the pleasure of working with Doug and having him tune the blower and compile data. (An interesting tidbit: of all the cars he tuned, he also tuned the Ariel Atom Jeremy Clarkson drove in Top Gear. This blew my mind! He isn't the type of person who gloats at all about this- there just happened to be an Ariel Atom in the shop and he asked if I knew what one was. My reply, "TOP GEAR!"). He only said Jeremy Clarkson seemed to enjoy it.

It was such an honor meeting him as an enthusiast I asked him to sign my blower cover. :)

Anyway, if knowing that the guy who created your FlashPro is heavily involved in the tuning of your CT-E blower isn't peace of mind enough, I don't know what is.

:clapping: All the CT-E guys are super friendly too.. that's a plus. :dancing1:

According to Vit, no BBG for us unfortunately....

Profound sadness :(

Did he elaborate at all Mike?, I figured since its the same blower as the 8th and using FP which apparently has BBG incorporated (?) I thought it would be a shoe in..I guess there is always the Hondata Traction Control its just 5x the cost lol

From what I understand, it's not a matter of a part becoming available. He mentioned something about the ECU not being able to support it...

From what I understand, it's not a matter of a part becoming available. He mentioned something about the ECU not being able to support it...

I figure as much. I am just saying, likely with an increase in 9th gen cars being supercharged.. the amount of people they could sell them to would increase. Giving them a justifiable cost/reward to build one or make it work on the car.
Maybe VitViper can clarify wether or not its EVER going to be an option/possibility.

Last edited:
boost by gear -

From what I gather, there currently no available output in the ECU to run the boost solenoid necessary for BBG functionality.

Maybe Hondata will find a way to add it in the future -- the S2000 FlashPro had no way to do it either when FlashPro came out, but Hondata found a way to add the necessary circuitry/output later on. We shall see.

The 9th gen flashpro *does not have boost control* integrated like the older models (not possible with this computer) so you must use the wastegate on spring pressure (no boost controller) OR connect any aftermarket boost controller directly to the EFR solenoid and you are good to go.

9th_cte.jpg

9th gen Si CT-e kit, 3.15" pulley.
This has to be Church's Dynapack.

Yup, just went through the rest of the thread. Just so you folks know, Church's dyno reads WAY higher than most dynos out there. On most Dynojets or probably most dynos in general, this 338/260 would read more like 300/240 at the wheels, probably even lower than that. Just so nobody thinks they're about to buy a stage 2 kit and have 330wbp and are disappointed when they get closer to 290ish.

This has to be Church's Dynapack.

Yup, just went through the rest of the thread. Just so you folks know, Church's dyno reads WAY higher than most dynos out there. On most Dynojets or probably most dynos in general, this 338/260 would read more like 300/240 at the wheels, probably even lower than that. Just so nobody thinks they're about to buy a stage 2 kit and have 330wbp and are disappointed when they get closer to 290ish.

It was done on a DynoCom dyno. It's a little high but not like Church's -- church's is another 5% higher than this (we tested it on an S/C 8th gen -- made 420 on this dyno, 440 at Church's).

Back