Deatschwerks EV14 Universal Line Injectors

VitViper

One question I frequently get is "Hey Vit, I'm upgrading to such and such and I need to get injectors, what should I buy?" Well I am extremely picky when it comes to this subject not only as tuner but as a fellow enthusiast. I not only want the injector to be friendly to tune, but I also want it to be friendly to drive. What does this mean? It means I'm looking for a injector with excellent response and flow characteristics. This results in an injector that allows for a fantastic tune and the vehicle is a pleasure to drive -- smooth and without any nuances (no bucking or shuffling, no crazy misfires at idle).

I have personally used and tested many different brands -- RC, Injector Dynamics, FIC (Fuel Injector Clinic), GO Power, Grams and even generic Bosch injectors. I must say it was a pleasure to recently test a set of Deatschwerks EV14 Universal line injectors in 550cc and 1000cc sizes. I can say that these are fantastic injectors and met or exceeded my personal expections -- I would definitely use these injectors in my own cars. I personally use Deatschwerks fuel pumps in my own Hondas -- two DW300 pumps in my 2008 Civic Si and one DW300 pump in my 97 Integra GS-R. They are absolutely fantastic pumps -- not only because of the solid flow rate that does not drop off drastically with increased fuel pressure (essential for the stock fuel system on 8th and 9th gen Civic's, and a bonus if you have a fuel return) but they are very QUIET (even on a cold start I hear the fuel pressurizing the fuel lines but cannot hear the pumps themselves -- even with two of these in my Civic). They also have the DW65c which is a very easy drop in replacement for the stock fuel pump on the Civics (and just as quiet as the DW300). Due to my great experience with the fuel pumps I was ecstatic to try out the new EV14 injectors.

The injectors: http://www.deatschwerks.com/product...cylinders-ev14/standard-48mm-ev14-4-cylinders

I used two test vehicles, as follows.

• 2012 Civic Si with typical bolt ons -- CAI, RBC intake manifold (hence capable of using 8th gen injectors), downpipe and 3" exhaust.
  • 2007 Honda Civic Si with a modified Greddy turbo kit -- using a GT3071r turbo running about 14psi and a crushed fuel pressure regulator, running about 65-70psi fuel pressure.

Deatschwerks EV14 1000cc w/ PnP clips
dw1000_ev14.jpg

Deatschwerks EV14 1000cc close up
dw1k.jpg

I really liked the PnP clips the Deatschwerks injectors have available -- they are much nicer than the style the wire style clips.
clips1.jpg

clips2.jpg

The PnP clips I used: http://www.deatschwerks.com/product...o-honda-double-sided-connector-adapter-detail

Deatschwerks also have the pig tail clips available, as well as clips for re-pinning if you so chose:

The 1000cc injectors I tested on were focused mainly on the turbo 2007 Civic Si as the higher fuel pressure is a fantastic test of how smooth the injectors are capable of running/idling. Generally with higher fuel pressure larger injectors suffer in the area of idle quality -- for example some injectors tend to be very "poppy" after the car warms up and you can hear the exhaust popping pretty regularly. Not terrible -- as the idle is still smooth, but you can hear the exhaust pop pretty regularly. The DW EV14 1000cc injectors exceeded my expectations and were very smooth at idle -- even after the car warmed up. I would go so far as to say the Deatschwerks EV14 1000cc injectors were perfect for this application -- anyone looking to go turbo or a more advanced supercharged setup cannot go wrong with these injectors. The drivability on this car was also improved in the 3000 to 4000 rpm range with the Deatschwerks EV14 1000cc injectors. From time to time I run into an injector that causes a bit of misfires in this RPM range in the K series -- and requires extra tuning to smooth it out where as the Deatschwerks were perfect.

Very smooth idle with the Deatschwerks EV14 1000cc injectors on the 8th gen Civic Si.

View: http://youtu.be/xWDPPpouuiw

Here is a short boost pull with the Deatschwerks EV14 1000cc injectors. As you can see duty cycle is at 69% with 13.8psi and an 11.2 air/fuel ratio.
dw_ev14_1000.jpg

Now on to the 550cc and 1000cc on the 9th gen Civic Si. Short clips of both sets of injectors at idle exhibit the same smooth idle characteristics that were seen on the 8th gen. These injectors were essentially perfect.

Deatschwerks EV14 550cc

View: http://youtu.be/e5z9ihQi8Ao

Deatschwerks EV14 1000cc

View: http://youtu.be/5hJ_g9DFZLo

After a short test with the Deatschwerks 1000cc injectors on the 2012 Civic Si met my expections of being nice and smooth (as expected after the 8th gen Civic testing), I moved on to testing the Deatschwerks EV14 550cc injectors in more detail as I wanted to see how well they performed on the typical bolt on setup. I found that with about 218whp these injectors were at a low 56% duty cycle on 92 octane pump gas. They were clearly capable of supporting quite a bit more power all the while being as smooth as stock. We spent almost 4 hours driving the Civic around on these injectors and they performed flawlessly -- I would definitely recommend these to anyone going with a naturally aspirated build, whether you have an 8th or 9th gen Civic -- K20, K24 or K20/K24 hybrid, these injectors are capable of supporting 300whp quite easily on pump gas.

Out of curiousity I also tuned the 2012 Civic Si on E85 using the Deatschwerks 550cc injectors -- we picked up 7whp and 10wtq, and the injectors were at 83% duty cycle on E85, which leads me to believe these 550cc injectors are capable of 240-250whp on E85 on a K20 or K24. If you are looking at a more advanced N/A build and want to run E85 Deatschwerks also has the Universal Line EV14 injectors in 650cc and 750cc.

For the turbo guys wanting to run E85 and go for some crazy power -- Deatschwerks has the Universal Line EV14 injectors available in 2200cc as well! After testing this line of injectors personally I recommend you seriously think about these injectors in your next build -- whether 8th gen or 9th gen. Turbo, S/C or N/A, looks like Deatschwerks has a new line of injectors that is exactly what you're looking for

I was just about to message you and ask you about injectors but figured I should search around a little first. Looks like I got my answer as to what injectors you'd suggest.

Back