DIY DIY - How to Paint your Stock Rims w/ Lip

Very nice DIY. The sanding process seems like a lot of work. Haha.

wheel14.jpg

BTW, are you Filipino? I see a Filipino newspaper. Haha.
philippines-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

definitely pinoy lol....

I just painted my old rims. Very good idea how you painted the lip...great DIY. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I'm not Philippino, but I know enough about the Philippines to know that it has some of the most beautiful and foxy ladies in the world. :eyebrows:

-After the primer is all dry, give it a about 25-30 minutes after the last coat of primer just to make sure its dry. Also lightly touch it to make sure it is in fact dry. After it is dry you can sand it down a little if you want or if you have any bubbles. I didn't have any bubbles so i just went ahead to the next step which is painting. Get your can of paint that you decided on I chose low gloss black but since it's out of stock I used semi-gloss black. On the color paint make sure you do light coats. use a whole can of paint on each wheel and make sure you get all the hidden spots. Allow at least 20 minutes in between each coat. Doing about 4-5 coats.

wheel11.jpg

wheel12.jpg

Now on to the Lip. Chose the color you like your lip to be. I chose red as it is the theme of my car.

-After your paint has dried for at least 30mins and is not sticky at all anymore go ahead and start taping around the inside of the lip on the rim. Cover the inside of the rim to make sure we don't get any paint on the inside of the rim. I used a folded newspaper and taped around the edges where there were open spots:
wheel13.jpg

p.s. This takes time also, so ask for help.

-Apply primer again to the rims that are exposed. Then, after the primer has dried up. Start painting, spray as much as you want just leave time in between for it to dry. I did about 10 coats just because it is the lip and it is the most that will get damage.

wheel14.jpg

wheel15.jpg

-Let it dry for at least 30 minutes or more, just to make sure. If you think it is dry enough. Start removing the tape and flash cards. Start by carefully removing the flash cards one-by-one. Then follow by removing the tape and newspapers.

It should look like this...

wheel16.jpg

wheel17.jpg

-Now that your done painting your rims. It's time to put those sexy rims on.

wheel18.jpg

wheel19.jpg

Have fun with your new rims. Hope I help you.
Enjoy!!

wheel20.jpg
came out great man!!! I love your si

Back