Drivers seat position

maax555

Hi does anybody feel that the drivers seat is incorrectly positioned too far towards the centre of the car?
I have a 2012 2.2 EX RHD and am quite uncomfortable as I feel i have to lean slightly to the right.
This means that the seat side supports dig in on one side slightly and leave me never getting comfortable.
if i sit down exactly in the middle of the seat as intended you can see the clocks are not perfectly lined up through the centre of the steering wheel. You need to move you head an inch or two to the right to feel like you are sat in the correct position.

is it just me?

I have a 2012 2.2 EX RHD

I assume you are referring to a European model?

GB_side_2012_10413_10729_10468_10525_2000117.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome ............ Not knowing the panel set up, but being OCD, I'd still have to say sit in the seat correctly, and live with the panel.
I'll be following this thread, to find out more about this.

Welcome ............ Not knowing the panel set up, but being OCD, I'd still have to say sit in the seat correctly, and live with the panel.
I'll be following this thread, to find out more about this.

2012_honda_civic_five_door_hatch_overseas_10-4e6e8324ac7aa.jpg

Well...... At least it's not just your car. 1st I'm guessing the speed is behind the top of the wheel.... Which I'd be setting mine up so I can see speed over the top ....which brings the side gauges more into view(I think), anyway I'd be trying to work the wheel so I can see more and still be able to see the speed and tach ....... At least be able to see the side gauges(part that has info you need on the fly).

What is the info on the left? What is the info on the right? It seems that the lower part of the side gauges are more needed than the top parts. All & all, I'd like to see trip or total miles, time, fuel range(which should be in the top screen next to the speed.

Well...... At least it's not just your car. 1st I'm guessing the speed is behind the top of the wheel.... Which I'd be setting mine up so I can see speed over the top ....which brings the side gauges more into view(I think), anyway I'd be trying to work the wheel so I can see more and still be able to see the speed and tach ....... At least be able to see the side gauges(part that has info you need on the fly).

What is the info on the left? What is the info on the right? It seems that the lower part of the side gauges are more needed than the top parts. All & all, I'd like to see trip or total miles, time, fuel range(which should be in the top screen next to the speed.

I probably should have posted this on earlier, too.

09_interior.jpg

Edit: Look at all that wasted real estate just for a temp gauge... :mad:

Last edited:
Thx for the close up of the gauges. Well this makes it look better than I thought(that a lot of info was hidden), but Honda did know that it was going to be that way and didn't put any info in the blind spots, so from what I think I see over all you're not missing any info, and that it's just not symmetric to view. It should be ok with time.

Very nice car over all, enjoy.

I don't know of any normal cars that have the wheel centered, they are all offset to some degree. In my 93 caprice, the wheel was off center by about 2 inches.

Breaking News ...... On TV tonight ...... New crash test ......... There's a Model that Jeep makes that has the steering wheel so far off centre that the dummies head misses the air bag coming out of the steering wheel during a crash !!!!!!

Back