Drop in MPG, 2012 Civic EX-L

McNaryGirl

My MPG has dropped significantly in the last 6-9 months. I had been averaging 37-39 Mpg, but am now only getting 32-33. We have replaced the air filters and oil changes are up to date. The only other thing is that I have new tires, but they are properly inflated and I wouldn't have thought they would change the Mpg that much. Any ideas on what could be causing the drop?

The amount of factors that could affect you are pretty significant whether it's driving habits, traffic, weather etc. Really hard to say honestly. How many miles on the vehicle?

My MPG has dropped significantly in the last 6-9 months. I had been averaging 37-39 Mpg, but am now only getting 32-33. We have replaced the air filters and oil changes are up to date. The only other thing is that I have new tires, but they are properly inflated and I wouldn't have thought they would change the Mpg that much. Any ideas on what could be causing the drop?

As noted elsewhere winter & gas mix reduce our Si mileage almost 3 mpg - new tires (same type as oem - mx4s) cost us another 1 mpg for the first 15k miles but it's gradually increasing.
It costs our '98 Civic 5 mpg Summer to Winter.

Back