Dyno results seem low..? Help?

Ben Hyatt

Belleville, Ontario
Vehicle Model
Civic SI HFP
Body Style
Coupe
I just got my dyno done and flash pro.. I forgot to take a pic of the finished dyno graph but he's emailing it to me.
Stock with injen cai and full race catted Downpipe and exhaust I had 158 tq and 168 hp.

Tuned I ended with 190 whp and 178 tq I thought I would see higher.. But he calibrated it right there and everything. Also I've read things about how people can cheat dynos too.. So I'm not sure what do you all think????

image.jpg

Dynapack's are known to read a bit low, but with those mods you're making average numbers.
Are you happy with the power increase? That's the important thing

Well I can tell there's more power and it runs better and smoother but the number is what's getting me I figured I would be up at the 200 range or 210 considering other people are getting that.. Since if you minus the 20-22% we lose from crank to wheels everyone should start at appro 165 whp and people are getting over 200.. Where I only have 192 .. Unless my dyno is very accurate and lots of other are not calibrated right and are way off

That's about right. People that are getting 210-230 alsp have an rbc intake manifold, bigger injectors, and upgraded throttle body

RBC doesn't do squat, loses torque over the stock IM -- the #'s are average for the mods. I would be more concerned with the power dip after 6k... I've never seen that on a tuned 9th gen to date, should be smoother, like so:

981373_1483041108574225_326705112508297257_o.png

The 210-230 plots are from dynojets and other roller dynos that are actually quite high. They still run low 14's at the track... just like the 190-200whp cars coming off my pack. You don't measure how fast your car is by dyno #'s.

Yeah that's what I was thinking ill Notice it come Track time This spring . Thanks for chiming in vit makes
Me Feel Better about My gains then. What are your vehicles running to
Get the 190-200 whp

Back