Easy steering after sliding on ice

hwasa

Long Beach, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
When pulling into school today there was a huge *** patch I did not see on the turn going into the parking lot. I was going about 20 ( would've been a lot slower if ice was visible... Believe me ) and I slide pretty much sideways a few feet into the other lane. Thankfully, nobody was hit. After this I noticed that it was really easy to steal my car. Even at a stand still I can effortlessly turn my wheel all the way around as if my civic is just ignoring friction. Thinking about it now, I guess it's possible that I am parked on ice but is there something else that could have happened during the slide that caused this? Thanks!

I'm thinking you're parked on ice. I slide on ice all the time and the steering has never been affected. I can't think of a scenario that would mess up your steering like what you're explaining. Drive it for a few days to see if you think there is a difference. If it's bad enough take it to the dealer.

You should be fine. Probably just turning the wheels on ice = easy turning of the wheel.

If you didn't hit anything you most likely couldn't have damaged anything. I second, or third, the idea that your car is just on a slick spot. It's also probably a phantom "butt dyno" type feeling you are having. You think somethings different, therefore you feel something different even though nothing has changed.

Back