eBay Turbo?

wow my piping is rubing right there too! ...do you have motor mounts? cause if not i think thats the issue ...i just ordered my full set of hasport motor mounts 88a
I have the rear hasport street mount i might get the side motor mounts.. Is it worth it? Any thing bad about them?
Yea i always heard it vibrating since they put the clutch in.. I took my bumper off and found a nice gouge where the foglight was too.. It's worth it to check if you hear vibrations

I have the rear hasport street mount i might get the side motor mounts.. Is it worth it? Any thing bad about them?
Yea i always heard it vibrating since they put the clutch in.. I took my bumper off and found a nice gouge where the foglight was too.. It's worth it to check if you hear vibrations
nothing bad about those mounts at all they are a must in my opinion...you can see on my stock mounts where the motor moves soo hard they bang around and made black marks on the mount ..ill take pics if you want...i ordered my side pair today...

nothing bad about those mounts at all they are a must in my opinion...you can see on my stock mounts where the motor moves soo hard they bang around and made black marks on the mount ..ill take pics if you want...i ordered my side pair today...
Just wasnt sure about the side mounts.. If its a big benifit ill definetly get them..
Yea if you can take pics.. I gotta check mine now..
My pipes are resting against that wall now.. And when in 3rd and up in gear, you can hear it vibrating.. Thats why i checked.. Good thing because its digging into them.. Im sure the mounts will help that and more.. I should get them

Just wasnt sure about the side mounts.. If its a big benifit ill definetly get them..
Yea if you can take pics.. I gotta check mine now..
My pipes are resting against that wall now.. And when in 3rd and up in gear, you can hear it vibrating.. Thats why i checked.. Good thing because its digging into them.. Im sure the mounts will help that and more.. I should get them
trust me they will cause im on stock mounts to and its digging into my piping aswell..

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I have to say that I really don't understand why people buy a car that is not fast enough and then want to spend a whole bunch more money to add a Turbo/supercharger to it. This seems to be a long , expensive process and completely voids the warranty of the engine bay. I guess some people must enjoy the hobby of tinkering and doing something by themselves. Personally, I think it makes more sense to spend that extra money and just buy a faster car with the engine already putting out the HP that you are looking for.
Why have you spent a lot of money making your car look nicer when you could've bought a nicer looking car to begin with? Same principle i think...

i think it all boils down to personal preference ...i had the choice to get any car i wanted ..my limit was 40k but i chose the si for 1 reliability...my father has built many hondas and practically knows them inside out, i like hondas more , and theres nothing better then when im cruising and go wide open throtlle and my dump tube explodes and everyone starts looking in amazement that a civic just did that lol...

I didnt mean any offense Pauly, sorry if that came out rude, just stating that I think it's the same thing.
None taken. You have a point. The only difference being that the warranties will be mostly intact for many of the appearance mods. The engine, which is one of the most expensive things to repair/replace, is still covered.

The only other rebuttal I have is that HP is measurable and beauty/appearance is not. It is easier to see the correlation between more money and more HP. It is not as easy to see a correlation between money and beauty. BTW, IMO, there is no better looking car out there than my civic for the money I spent improving the appearance. Haha. :D

I see both sides. I, like everyone else, want more power. But I'm hesitant on voiding my lifetime power train warranty. For now I've just been doing suspension and appearance mods. If anything goes wrong with those I can fix it for pretty cheap compared to engine problems. That said I still hope to be turbo or supercharged one day. Maybe after the car is paid off or something and I can afford to replace the engine if need be.

I see both sides. I, like everyone else, want more power. But I'm hesitant on voiding my lifetime power train warranty. For now I've just been doing suspension and appearance mods. If anything goes wrong with those I can fix it for pretty cheap compared to engine problems. That said I still hope to be turbo or supercharged one day. Maybe after the car is paid off or something and I can afford to replace the engine if need be.
Thats honestly the smartest thing you can do. Wait till the car is paid off but unfortunately a lot of people can't wait that long like me haha so kudos to you.

I've always wanted a boosted car, but was never in the position to give up a daily for a project car. Was thinking of boosting my 9th until recently, came down to being too costly and would be too much down time, not being able to drive the car. I have my sound, aesthetics, and suspension and I love everything about my car (besides the rock chips from Canadian winters). When I finally get my own place I will get a dedicated project car. Probably a MKIV Supra Which I've always wanted and you can make some crazy power since it has more aftermarket support than our cars.

Good things come to those who wait, and building something from the ground up with patience and quality parts will yield the best results imo. You really do get what you pay for. Why jeopardize a new car with poor quality parts? How much money will you really save if you have to rebuild or replace everything?

This right here.

Depends. I can buy an Si for $22k, put $10k into it, and be faster that many stock performance cars that easily run $35k+. Of those people who buy those cars that are into the hobby, how many of them do you think won't sink more money into them? Plus, in the end, I know I have quality performance parts as opposed to OEM performance parts and the car is unique to my tastes as opposed to something homogeneous.
THIS is what I'm talking about. Should start from the ground up. Tires, wheels, brakes, HONDATA, gears, clutch, TUNE, intake, TUNE, exhaust, TUNE, tires, INDUCTION, Super TUNE, tires, top end, Super TUNE, tires, bottom end, SUPER TUNE, tires. $55,000

Back