Ecm update charging system

Mikex18

Quebec.. yes we speak english in quebec
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Alright, so my car battery died 2 times in the last2 months. Just by listenig radio for 20mins and whe i got the alignement done.

I went to my dealership and they told me i had to do the ECM update! He also told me hey had to "delete" everything on the ecm and restart the installing process with the new informations in the ecm! And then do the idle relearn, and leave the car on at idle for a certain amount of time

Now my question is:

I have the flashpro, with bolt-ons (fp,410cc inj,rbc,catless dp)will they be able to do everything?

When they are going to start the car with the new "software", the car will have the stock tune in it, will they be able to do the idle relearn even if i have the aftermarket injectors, Downpipe and RBC intake?

It suck that i have to jump start it everytime i listen to music

Here a fyi for not leaving your lights on while using other stuff with the motor off..........
BEFORE turning the key from OFF....... Have your hand brake on, that way the head lights won't come on when you turn the key on. The head lights will eat your battery quick.

Although you still need to do your software upgrade.......

Whats the point in updating your software when you're just going to replace it with the custom software from the flash pro? I'm thinking your battery may be going bad. Then again I could be wrong.

I believe you need to flash back to stock, get the update the dealership has,...then load your flashpro tune. @VitViper can you verify?

YOu don't need this update as FlashPro tune will just overwrite it.
so is hondata going to update their code to address the battery updates that some have received from honda?

I just got my bulletin/notice in the mail today... I already had mine done last week, but otherwise they are cutting it pretty close giving a Dec 31st deadline...

Doesn't provide a VIN range though, but you could call your dealership to see if you're in the affected batch. Not sure why one line scanned all smudgy, but it just says to contact your local dealership or use the contact info at the bottom of the letter.

If you're selling your car I would think you wouldnt want a custom tune on it at all. Unless your flash pro comes with the car.

The car is presently tuned with all bolt ons on it, wich are gonna stay on it..so flashpro will come with the car
Maybe message vit and see if it's something you guys can work out since you're already tuned.

Back