ECU Swap

Anthony E.

Hi. I bought a Civic Si 2015 here in my country DOminican Republic. I think that my civic is for LatinAmerica market. I want to Tunning with HONDATA FLASHPRO but my ECU isn't compatible with it. THe thing is that many FB6 are already tunning with FP so i dont understand why my ECU won't work. I contacted Hondata and the said

" I’m sorry, but there are no options. It is not supported. The US FlashPro will not work with it. "

Ok. They said its not supported. What other options do i have?

I'm thinking on Doing a -US MODEL- ECU Swap. I see this ECU (Hondata says it's supported) http://www.hondapartscheap.com/hond...t/?part_name=control-module-engine-rewritable

Will it work in my car without any problems? What do i have to expect after doing that? The process is reversible? Please help!

There are differences between the ecus by country. The civic in canada looks identical to the US model, but it has subtle differences in the interior, a few tech/trim differences, and has no laws regarding TPMS (tire/air pressure) that the US has. So, they had to make a hondata flashpro work with models in canada. I'd imagine they had to buy the ecu, or have someone do all the testing and crack that ecu to work based by country. You may be able to get the US based ecu to work, but you also may get error messages on your dash you can't get rid of. I have no clue.

AEM tuner is an option, but you'd need a harness made, and someone to be able to tune it. It's not as user friendly as ktuner/flashpro, so you'd have to see who you can find in your area to dyno tune your car.
http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=products/programmable-engine-management-systems

There are other tuning options, but they're much more expensive, and will require custom harnesses etc. The best bet would be to talk to a dyno tuning shop in your area and see what products they even support. It really doesn't do you any good to buy a product if no one can tune your car where you live.

Back