Empty light / notification?

rambunctious

At what point does the empty gas light come on at? How many gallons are left in the tank?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

On the 8th it was right around 2 bars left on the gauge. Maybe 25-50 miles.....depends on how you drive.

you can also change the i-mid to show distance to empty. It'll display the # of miles you have left. Granted, it's going to change based on your speed, or if you're sitting in traffic etc.

I was thinking maybe in terms of gallon rather than distance. Like you had said, it can vary based on driving conditions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

as soon as the light comes on - try to fill up your car. See how much it takes to fill it up, and subtract from 13.2 gallons. That'll at least give you a rough estimate.

I tested this theory once. ONCE!!!! I drove to no bars displayed and reset the counter to see how much I could actually get from zero bars. Well roughly 50 miles later I was starting to get scared and worried I wouldn't make it to a gas station so I found one. Filled it up and it took about 12.5 gallons of gas. That was city driving too with a little highway mixed in, but not too much. I can't wait to see how my EX does on the highway this week. Taking a long road trip. Just want to see the actuallt highway mileage I can get out of her.

Back