Exhaust rattle?

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
Hey everyone, Ive been having an issue for the past week, Ive been having a noise coming from the rear passenger side (I think, I know is not by the drivers side) its like my exhaust is hitting on something? Ive had the exhaust and dp for over 4 months now (full race) and never had a problem, I dont know if it could be the exhaust or my springs/camber arms? (D2 springs, spc camber kit) its usually happening when I go from a stop to first and second gear, I hear like a metal to metal contact, but its once in awhile and only happens in 1 and 2 gear once the car is rolling I dont hear anything. What do you guys think I should check? I looked at the exhaust/hangers and everything looks ok there are no scuff or anything that I can say its really the exhaust?

Could be your exhaust rubbing against the rear spring. When I had Full Race exhaust it was rubbing like a motherfu*ker. Also check the bushings on your camber arms.

I know some had issues around the front heat shield area. Did you bend yours at all?

Could be your exhaust rubbing against the rear spring. When I had Full Race exhaust it was rubbing like a motherfu*ker. Also check the bushings on your camber arms.

Ok I will check them tomorrow, is there anything I should be looking for?

I know some had issues around the front heat shield area. Did you bend yours at all?

No I did not but like I said it started happening recently, shouldnt it have happened as soon as I put the exhaust on if it was the shield?

Check your exhaust first.

See how close the rear spring is? (picture stolen from different member on here)

20160518_145334-jpg.52324

Ok so I checked my exhaust and I have a decent clearance

But I did rock my exhaust back and forward with my hands and did hear the metal to metal sound I did not see where its coming from but im guessing its making the noise every time I take off because the exhaust shifts back and forward , but its weird how it started happening just now after 4 months

So I checked under the exhaust again and I noticed that the exhaust hanger in the muffler was not on correctly, I couldn't even see the oem metal hanger and the full race exhaust metal hangers were about to come out of the rubber piece, so I put wd40 and gave it a good push and now everything sits tight, hopefully this was my issue.

Back