First mods on my new Civic

cvg1dxc

Somerset, KY
Vehicle Model
Civic EX-L Navi
Body Style
Sedan
Just installed the red JDM H emblems on the front and back of my 2014 Civic EX-L nav sedan. Got them from Pro Civic which gave great service. Quality is excellent. I only got two cuts during the install. I didn't want to remove the grill on the front emblem as suggested by some videos. I just broke it off like one guy suggested. I did the rear one the right way. They look awesome against the White Orchid Pearl. My Weather Tech floor liners should arrive Friday. Boy, when I saw the floor of my EX, I thought they forgot to put the carpeting over the floor liner. Then I realized the floor liner was actually the carpet. This is my only disappointment with my car. Next Wednesday, I'm having my windows tinted. 25% sides and rear. Should look good against the white.
I probably won't do too much more. At 65, my sons already think I'm entering my second childhood. They may be right but is that so bad? Forums like this and folks like you help this old man feel young again, if only at heart. Thanks for being here.

Also props to College Hills Honda. I have bought several items from them and love their selection and personal customer service. Please support them too.

I think @Monk is a few days over 30 as well. He also has a nicely modded EX. If you like it, do it!

Somerset eh? You're a fair bit south of me. I'll keep an eye out for a white 14 with red emblems if I pass through.

I agree with Nix... Do what you want to the car. I am an owner of a 14 EX-L Coupe (No Nav). I have been hell bent on leaving my car stock, but every day after being part of this forum I am always looking to see what I can do to my ride. Since Nix didn't say it I will say it for him. Lets see some pictures of your ride =)

Reactions: Nix
Welcome..... I'm 69(and a half:D)..... You don't need to explain your actions, let them find out the same way we did.....Time......
I've been a sport car or coupe owner my whole life, I have yet to see why I should change for no reason.

Let's see pic's when you modify, my best mod is my rear sway bar, got a "Progress©" 22mm (someyears/models vary due to what the factory did to the front sway bar)it's a $200 bolt on.

Last edited:
I agree with Nix... Do what you want to the car. I am an owner of a 14 EX-L Coupe (No Nav). I have been hell bent on leaving my car stock, but every day after being part of this forum I am always looking to see what I can do to my ride. Since Nix didn't say it I will say it for him. Lets see some pictures of your ride =)
I'll try to post a few next week after my tint. Think I will do 30 front sides and 25 rear side and back. I had 25 all round on my Accord and it was pretty dark for my old eyes. I'll have my son show me how to post pics. Thanks for the replies.

Welcome..... I'm 69(and a half:D)..... You don't need to explain your actions, let them find out the same way we did.....Time......
I've been a sport car or coupe owner my whole life, I have yet to see why I should change for no reason.

Let's see pic's when you modify, my best mod is my rear sway bar, got a "Progress©" 22mm (someyears/models vary due to what the factory did to the front sway bar)it's a $200 bolt on.
I thought about the rear sway bar. i my check it out further. I like driving in the Smokies and better cornering would be a good thing.

Back