Flashpro Problem

9thGenStoro

Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys, 12 days ago I just did a basic flash on my car and then left for a vacation. I got back yesterday and when I tried to start my car it was dead. I assumed something was just left on so I boosted it, let it run for 15 minutes and then turned it off. Right after I turned it off, I tried to start it again and IT WOULDNT TURN ON. Once I boosted it again, I drove around. After about 30 minutes my CEL came on. Does anyone know the problem here? Thanks.

Did the engine stall?

did vit do your tune? You could always sent it over to him to have him diagnose?

You should start off with the basic stuff. Check your battery and the MAF connection. Also, not running your car for 12 days can deplete the battery's voltage. That results to a long start-up. Charge your battery as well.

Hey guys, 12 days ago I just did a basic flash on my car and then left for a vacation. I got back yesterday and when I tried to start my car it was dead. I assumed something was just left on so I boosted it, let it run for 15 minutes and then turned it off. Right after I turned it off, I tried to start it again and IT WOULDNT TURN ON. Once I boosted it again, I drove around. After about 30 minutes my CEL came on. Does anyone know the problem here? Thanks.

There is a service bulletin for Civics and CR-V's for vehicles that have depleted batteries after a minimum of two days sitting or if the vehicle requires multiple jump starts. Incorrect PCM programming results potentially in battery sulfation, especially if the vehicle has been used primarily for short trips. The long and the short of it, the PCM needs to be reprogrammed to alter charge rates. How this messes with a flash tune map I'm not sure. The bulletin also states that short drives or long periods of idling the engine will not fully charge the battery. The CEL is likely due to low system voltage.

Last edited:
Are you leaving your flashpro plugged into the obd port? I know it uses battery even with the car off.

Just so I'm clear - the "incorrect" programming that cause the sulfation is from Honda - I'm not implying that using flash pro has anything to do with the issue. I had mine reflashed for this issue before I even took delivery. Originally as designed the charging system did not charge the battery in some circumstances - but it provided a clean, regulated voltage to run the electronics. I suspect the charging protocol has been revised - which would have nothing to do with an altered fuel injection map. I'm using flash pro also... might be interesting to see what the Honda programming software sees my software as.

I don't think it's the FP causing the issue. You can run a datalog/diagnosis otherwise to see how the engine behaves.

VitViper ^ are you aware

I think this may be a side effect of the new charging routines Honda uses -- which isn't tied to FlashPro as Hondata doesn't change any of this behavior -- basically the alternator only runs at 12v except when the lights are on or right after a start up. I can see this possibly being a problem for people who let the car sit for too long.

Back