Fog light switch

Capital City

Ottawa, ON.
Body Style
Coupe
So I ordered and installed fogs from carid.com on my EX Coupe. The install was a bit more work than I was expecting, but I finally got thru it. I am happy with them except for one part. The ON/OFF switch glows an obnoxious green whether they are on or off. Anyone else having this problem ? The only way to tell whether they are on or off is to feel the button with my fingers and try and figure if it's pushed in or not (usually I have to press it ON/OFF a few times to figure it out) or see the fogs reflection in the car in front of me at a red light. Besides not being able to tell whether they are ON/OFF, the cheesy green it glows is distracting at night. Is there an EOM switch that will:

1) match the factory buttons better
2) turn the green light off so I can tell whether they're ON/OFF

I found this picture online of exactly what I'm looking for, but I've been to 2 Honda dealers and they are useless. They keep telling me the 2012's have the fogs switch on the headlight combination switch. I know that, but mine are aftermarket and I need a new (better quality button).

Any help would be much appreciated. Switch.jpg

Last edited:
@Pauly99to17 may know of a way to make it not light up all the time? I know there is a "magic switch" diy, but that was illuminated all the time as well. At least it was illuminated all the time in @AlienPrime 's video

PS. This is what the fog switch that came in the kit looks like whether it's ON/OFF. Notice how nice and clean the VSA switch. I'm considering getting the ambient light switch but I'd rather a nice clean fog light switch.

Green Switch.JPG .

I can try out the OEM button on my aftermarket fog lights. I'll try tomorrow night and see if it works. I think it will because the plug is the same. Which fog light kit did you get? I have the Spyder ones and they also have a button with a green light. Wish it was blue, but I don't mind the green light. I have my fogs on all the time so I know they're on. :)

I will need to look at my aftermarket button closely because IIRC it didn't seem easy to take apart like the OEM button is. Too bad, you could have just changed the little bulb.

I can try out the OEM button on my aftermarket fog lights. I'll try tomorrow night and see if it works. I think it will because the plug is the same. Which fog light kit did you get? I have the Spyder ones and they also have a button with a green light. Wish it was blue, but I don't mind the green light. I have my fogs on all the time so I know they're on. :)
Yeah I bought the Spyders as well. The switch is so bad.

I found this picture online of exactly what I'm looking for, but I've been to 2 Honda dealers and they are useless. They keep telling me the 2012's have the fogs switch on the headlight combination switch. I know that, but mine are aftermarket and I need a new (better quality button).

Any help would be much appreciated. View attachment 28292
Why not just buy this OEM fog light switch and quickly try it at the dealership. If it doesn't work return it immediately. Make sure you find a nice parts guy who will let you return it for refund before buying it.

Why not just buy this and quickly try it at the dealership. If it doesn't work return it immediately. Make sure you find a nice parts guy who will let you return it for refund before buying it.
I would like to that. But I can't find the part # and the two Honda dealerships I went to couldn't find it either. Do you know the part # ?

@Pauly99to17 may know of a way to make it not light up all the time? I know there is a "magic switch" diy, but that was illuminated all the time as well. At least it was illuminated all the time in @AlienPrime 's video
we can make it so that the illumination turns off, but then you will need to try and find it in the dark when it is off haha

also you can wire to your HDU and have the illumination only come on when you turn your lights on (head unit and dash lights)

Here are the two ways to do this:

first you can simply put a switch and turn on and off the illumination as you please.
WL6Pzel.png

or you can have it attached to your headlight HDU switch so that when you turn on headlights/dashlights, the illumination will come on. your call :)
9HjF9MY.png

please refer to Magic Switch DIY for pin designation.

Back