For those of you thinking about the 2014 Coupe Front End on your 12-13...

dirtybird222

'
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I would rethink it long and hard. It requires a core support swap as well. The front end is not only completely different on the skin but under it as well. Sorry to crush anyones hopes and dreams unless you get into a front end wreck and want to swap over. Correct me if I'm wrong....just going off some first hand experience.

I'm not sure about the rear. The guys in the conti series wanted the updated front end because it has huge holes built in for brake ducting already :)

lol i love the back and spoiler on the si. my end game is to have the full 14 si rear end and a small roof spoiler

Who the hell would wanna put the hideous looking 2014 front end on a great looking 12-13 model. No offense but it would be the other way around I imagine. '14 owner wanting the 13 front

Last edited:
Who the hell would wanna put the hideous looking 2014 front end on a great looking 12-13 model. No offence but it would be the other way around I imagine. '14 owner wanting the 13 front

Off what fence?

And it was just an informative post for people who may have been interested. No need for the negativity. Plus after seeing it in person on the HART Conti Challenge Civic - it looks pretty clean and mean with the massive brake ducting.
1969187_685259281530377_623750981_n.jpg

I saw a 2014 LX coupe last week sitting right next to several 2013's when I was getting my oil changed, and I think it is a major step in the wrong direction, the 2012 - 2013 coupes look much much better.

Stating my opinion don't get butt hurt over it.

Off what fence. Not following.

Not sure where I was seeming butt hurt, just stating the facts in this post for anyone who is thinking about doing the swap. And you know what they say about opinions.

I couldn't the word offence in the dictionary so I assumed you meant off a fence. I did; however, find offense.

Anyways, here are a few more pics of the 2014 in action.

13279349405_405674d3ee_b.jpg

13279702704_f82002f782_b.jpg

13279523733_4e4bc7f0ae_k.jpg

Anyways....this is a thread about swapping front ends, not in the composition of a sentence. I was simply being a sarcastic *** about the miss spelling of the word "offense."

I likewise prefer the old front end. Depending on your angle of view, those big flared cowls around the fog lights in the 2014 can be mistaken for accident damage. They don't mesh with adjacent vehicle lines. The word 'jarring' comes to mind. They don't 'fit.'

However, I understand that the latest Navi system is a big improvement over 2013. Wish I could trade THAT. The 2013 GUI is a tedious, user-unfriendly PITA.

I love everything else about it, though! Regards

I actually find the shroud around the fog lights slightly offensive....just keeping up with the theme of the last few posts...other than that, I don't mind the '14s.

I think it looks like there is enough room for the fog light and to cut another hole to run a brake duct.

Back