From Lexus, to Honda

wpillera

Hey all,

I've been a long time Lexus driver since my very first car. I've decided to move on to try another fellow Japanese car brand that I've secretely wanted to be a part of for a while. I traded in my 2004 Lexus LS430 that had a headgasket failure (super rare for those cars) and got myself a sunburst orange 2012 Civic Si with 126,000 miles on it. I've never consistanly driven a manual transmission so this car has a bit of a learning curve for me, but I welcome that. Defintely going to be taking the bus to work when I can to avoid prematurely wearing out the clutch. I've burnt the clutch a little bit but not too bad and I'm getting better at driving stick every day. I think this car is a good change of pace from paying $65-70 a tank on the Lexus to this car which is about $30-35 a tank. I will admit I'm going to miss all the ameneties the Lexus had, but repairing the Honda is going to be muuuch cheaper. And the Civic has enough for me, once I replace the audio system..

I'm happy to be a part of this community and look forward to growing and learning from you all.

-Weston

Welcome to the site. How many miles did the 430 have when it had the issues? Any plans for the civic?

Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of knowledgeable folks on here, so if you have a question just ask and enjoy your new ride!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The LS430 had right around 162K on it when the issue became apparent. I loved the car, don't get me wrong. Such an engineering feat that car is. But with the head gasket failure and money to fill the tank, I wanted a change of pace. Something fun to drive thats decent on gas, and the civic fit that bill.

Not really planning on modifying the powertrain at all. Maybe later down the line I'll make some modifcations. For now keeping it stock and getting an aftermarket audio system and installing sound deadening. The civic road noise is infinitely louder than the lexus, but thats expected. Hopefully some undercoating in the wheel wells and sound deadening under the carpets will quiet things down. I've driven Lexus/Toyota my whole life, so this is a change but I look forward to it.

Back