Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
This is happening often now.

i rub a bit going in and out of my garage
n itll pop my bumper out.
looks like forsure its broken and thats why
it pops out so easily. I can pop it back in somewhat but only up till that point.

Is there a part # for this piece? looks like the bracket or is it referred to as something else.
Maybe college hills honda has it ??

LMKFCED7123-8970-4EA4-B09B-BEDFA9A3926B.jpegD407C19D-2600-49F3-92FD-F9393B9EF5AF.jpegC2255F3A-3991-45C2-8489-855A57025B57.jpeg

it looks like the busted part on the bumper is where the retaining screw goes through, your first picture shows the retaining clips on that bracket are holding as they should

they hold until i rub the bottom of my lip n then they all bust

theyre designed to let go when pulled, the only actual locking part of the bumper attachment is that screw that goes through the torn out loop at the tip of the bumper in your last picture

Exactly, right where the last tab goes, there is a screw that goes there. It doesn't look like the fender bracket is broken (71198-TR0-A01) but you can try that part number and see.

2C382CB4-813E-465A-9B8D-1B202D149D12.jpeg

As the others said, there is a screw that goes through the lower bumper straight up into the red circle. I bet the screw is still in there. That screw hole is ripped in your lower bumper. You could see if you can get the screw out and tighten it again to pinch part of the lower bumper. It will likely pull back out if it gets pulled though. Your clips on the bumper all look good.

thank you for that part number!

Yeah itll end up breaking loose again
because of that broken screw hole.
i might just get that bracket; seems fairly priced.

Curious how that gets attached to the bumper tho.
Maybe ill check with my dealer since im a high roller

Or you could do the mom and pop body work trick and glue it on, as long as you don't need to take your bumper on and off a bunch

Or you could do the mom and pop body work trick and glue it on, as long as you don't need to take your bumper on and off a bunch

Glue just the screw hole back together?
or a new bracket part (if i were to purchase a new one)

You can put some glue where the bumper slides over the pins on the bracket and it (should) hold it. At least it has before in my experience :shadyhat:

Ah what kinda glue tho lol
I dont think itll hold after one exit from my garage :/

I think i am going to get a new bracket n glue it still

Any urethane type glue. We use a two part adhesive that dries in like 10 seconds, but just about any fast drying urethane would work

1654294555854.png

i think i will order that part. put it on and then lay a fat ole layer of that stuff and just really angle it when going in ant out of my garage.

Pulling in right now i REALLY exaggerated how much i angled it and not even the slightest scrape. i guess i just wasnt going sideways enough

Without repairing that tab on the bumper with that adhesive, you would have to order a whole new bumper cover to have a tab for that screw to go though. It broke on my 15 ex and i had just got the quick release tabs that are held with a "rubber band" that screw into the fender and bumper.

Back