Fuel cut

bill silvis

Latrobe Pa
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
coupe
Hey guys I was driving home today and my car just fuel cut or hit rev limit at around 6k did it 3 times, all I have it a cai and exhaust it was a little rainy but the car ran perfect as usual. Just wondering why it did that stopped and it revs normal in neutral but driving it fuel cut I have no idea why or what it could be

No I don't, no check engine it did it 3 times I'm not sure if sucked up a little bit of water or what but I ran fine when driving normal just fuel cut way before rev limiter

So it's like you're bouncing off the rev-limiter at 6k right now?

yeah it did it at 55 2 times and 6 2 times i ran second out but not wide open no problem. then i got on it in 3rd and thats what happens so it revs fine drives fine no codes doesnt sound different so either i got some mist in it which i dont think is the case seeing as it started or something is loose this just happened today @webby and @Bulkybear

Can you inspect your filter and see if it's wet.... or check inside the tube itself to see if you see any moisture? I'd start there

im going to its sitting in my driveway now, i have to jack it up and get into the wheel well im thinking about waiting till tomorrow when the roads are dry and trying it again but i feel if it keeps doing it itll ruin the motor it didnt do it yesterday so i cant imagine something is ruined but better safe than sorry @webby

maybe @VitViper can give advice.... I don't know that I've ever heard of something causing the rev limiter to change without flashpro being involved.

it only happened in 3rd under heavy throttle, didnt try second just slowly ran it out. and it was only today. blows my mind. @webby id like to hear what vit has to say as well

If the ecu is trying to save the motor for to water out something you would think it would throw a check engine light

yeah it didnt im thinking a loose connection somewhere because it only happened under heavy throttle i might modify it so its not down into the fender anymore though

Pull out the MAF and see if you have water in the tube. Also check and see if your filter is wet like webby suggested. Sounds similar to issues I was having but my car actually stalled completely at 3-4k. I got soap on the filter during a wash. Add some rain water and the soap was foaming up and building up the tube to the MAF. Car in neutral and it revs fine. Car in reverse and it was fine. Car in drive and it would be fine until I hit 3-4k then it would stall. I have an AT EX.

I just took it all apart, there were a few little drips in the tube and some laying on the inside of the couplings and my filter is damp, I dried out the tubes I just need to go get a 3" coupling to put a spare filter on and see if anything changes . Thanks for the help guys

@Twitch, @webby that was the issue damp filter and a little water in the tubes i put a dry filter on and it didnt happen so im thinking all is well now. ill have to try it again later to be sure.

They make a "hydroshield" to block water from hitting the filter. You may want to look into that -
injen said:
There is pre filter that will work which is p/n: X-1033BLK , we are currently designing one for the high flow filter specifically since they're new filters.

ive looked at them, they are 1/2 the price of aem i should have bought it when i first got my intake, and the youtube video is pretty convincing i just have it rigged as a short ram now, ill probably buy one next time order a new part i felt it pulled harder when it was full cai but its probably placebo effect. @webby

Back