DIY Full Race 3" Catback installation on SI sedan (56k/3G beware, many photos)

That's correct, GSquared. It just bolts right on, like it was 'factory made" to fit just as the original exhaust system. I took pictures of both exhaust systems and pictures after it was installed. I'm having issues with downloading the pics here because they are too large in size and they're rejected during the downloading process, unless I find a way to reduce each their sizes from the program I have them saved now (iPhoto). I'll figure it out later, and surely they will be posted here for everyone to look and to refer to.

That's correct, GSquared. It just bolts right on, like it was 'factory made" to fit just as the original exhaust system. I took pictures of both exhaust systems and pictures after it was installed. I'm having issues with downloading the pics here because they are too large in size and they're rejected during the downloading process, unless I find a way to reduce each their sizes from the program I have them saved now (iPhoto). I'll figure it out later, and surely they will be posted here for everyone to look and to refer to.

You can try hosting externally on something like Photobucket, Flickr, Imgur and then use the insert image from URL function when posting if you want. Good to know it fits the stock one though!

glad to hear you got it on and that i helped =D

I use wd

I use wd-40 it works good for me

was lazy at first and just spit on my fingers and rubbed it on the end of the hangar... lol... worked for one side, not the other... then dish soap to get it back on...

to do the final install i had to use a box cutter and slightly open the opening on the side that reattached due to it being too difficult to pop back over (prob b/c my arms were so sore and tired at that point)

all in all, it's doing quite well currently. i'm getting an intermittent "banging" or "clanging" when i hit bumps with the right rear wheel, i think i didn't bend the heat shield enough? not sure. can't tell if it's that or the exhaust hitting the suspension arms

I was looking into this exhaust, but now with these issues of hitting the heat shield and the rear arms, makes me stay away. I'd understand these problems if it was like an ebay exhaust, but not from a company like this.

The only issue I had with the magna flow is it slightly hits the HFP back lip, I stuck heat wrap tape on the lip and it went away,but I noticed if I can stick a spacer between the male part that the rubber goes on and pull it down about 1/4 inch it would be a permanent fix,I have something in mind and will foot this week,I'll let you know how it works,I haven't had any knocking sounds like you guys are talking about( knock on wood).

hey mongoose221, i was thinking about going with the full race exhaust but i don't want my car to be to loud, like when i drive by a cop or in the middle of the night driving through my neighbor hood, any comments since you've had your for a while now?

hey mongoose221, i was thinking about going with the full race exhaust but i don't want my car to be to loud, like when i drive by a cop or in the middle of the night driving through my neighbor hood, any comments since you've had your for a while now?

The exhaust is actually not loud at all if you are maintaining a constant speed or not accelerating at a moderate to fast level. It just has a nice deep tone to it. If you step on it, it will get loud...especially with a Full-Race downpipe.

my full-race muffler sits alittle slanted (towards the driver side) help

Anyone have any issues with this bar touching the exhaust? Should I just remove the bar?
IMG_2969.jpg

Back