Fun Drive - Rochester NY

I don't know if there are any other users around rochester yet...:sadbanana:

it'd be cool to see a gopro vid of the cruise though :)
If it's an awesome cruise place, you may be able to attract users from the surrounding areas to have a mini-meet?

So it's been raining here for like 2 weeks and I finally got my gopro issues sorted. Here's a quick cam I made today. It's only half the drive and of course I get stuck behind some people doing like 10 under. I drove the whole thing at the speed limit. 35mph. The cars I run into were doing about 22. Didn't want to encourage speeding and recklessness. (unless that's allowed...hahah jk) It's still pretty fun. Hopefully the vid gives some sense of the road. I'm going to try and get a full loop up soon and get a dash view also. It might show more of the sharpness of the curves and the steepness of the ups and downs. Anywho..... It's from a dirt parking lot on the shore of Lake Ontario down to the highway garage just north of Ridge Road on the map. Basically the top 80% of King's Highway headed south.

Finally got a decent cam of the best parts of the drive. I skipped the flat straight connector section and just cammed the curvy fun stuff. Camera is mounted on the rearview mirror. Let me know what view you guys prefer for future vids: either under bumper or high "rearview" mount.

This is the best most traffic free drive ive been able to get so far. However I also saw more people than I ever have. Usually it's all deserted. I caught up to a minivan who was also joyriding at a fair clip on the second section. The last part of it after the sharp downhill left @ 06:10 is pretty fun as are the last two uphill curves.

I preferred the camera angle on the second vid for sure. The first one has the top 2/3 of the frame taken up by (featureless) tarmac. TARMAC

some pretty scenery - and agreed on camera position on the rearview /by the rearview. 2nd vid offers more views of the surroundings, and better sense of the road

Haha. I watched that video and recognized a bunch of houses. I'm from Rochester but imported to Worcester,MA. You're crazy if you even think about speeding around in a civic in Irondequoit. That town is the worst, aside from Greece, for cops. I grew up in Henrietta. There are some really nice roads going out through Rush towards Lima. Rt. 15 is a lot of fun. You can get some good speeds, just watch out for the deer.

hahaha true. I do see a LOT of cops around. Clean cut white guy in a civic that does not have a loud exhaust gets me alot of leeway. Thanks for the heads up on 15. Ill have to check it out.

you ever drive rt2 between albany and greenfield? you can pick up 91 back down to the pike. My mom lives in charlemont. Makes for an exciting drive over in that area.

Nah never been that way. I just take the pike to the 90 all the way. I'm boring when it comes to driving home. lol

True that Squiggy. Went back to Rochester this past week. Hopped off the 90 in Geneva and rode 96 the whole way in. Those country roads are so smooth and there are no cops out there. Great scenery too. Such a nice crisp fall day mixed with some great straightaways adn nice curves.

Reactions: Nix
sorry about the rez post but i just found this thread. @Nix i think your familiar with the adams, north adams area the Mohawk trail is a very fun ride in the civic and im not sure if youve been up there but the ride up greaylock should be a blast but i have yet to do it in the civic.

Back