Fuse Issue

SiEnthusiast

Hey guys was installing a new decoder for my LED DRL's and i seem to have popped the fuse for DRL's.
I check the fuse (21) and it seemed intact, popped it back in and drls still dont work, changed it out for another 7.5 and still didnt work.
By the way i disconnected the decoder after it seemed to pop the fuse.

What else do i need to check?

can you give a little more info on the led bulbs you installed, the decoder, why you had to replace the old one (you said you installed a new one so im figuring there was one you put in previously that stopped functioning), and if your high beams still work

Bought a "brand new" decoder to get rid of the warning on his LEDs. This is the first decoder he's had.

I have both of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160782769899?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Those are for removing the error on the i-mid and had them installed and working fine

http://www.v-leds.com/Daytime-Running-Lights/Modules-Harnesses/NEW-IMPROVED-9005-PLUG-p6297704.html
This one i bought and installed today, its to get the DRL intensity to 100% like hi-beams/

Worked fine for a second when i installed them, then they turned off. I installed just the intensifier directly to the light bulb, without connecting it to the other piece. Wanted to see if i could get by with just running 1 cable per light to get no warning and the brighter lights, but no cigar.

Now i am trying to turn them on with just the stock plug connecting to the LED and they are not working, i think its soemthing with the fuses, ive never really worked with fuses before and only checked and reinstalled #21 which didnt do anything.

i wonder if hooking up only the intensifier without the other part got something internal to the intensifier fried, i cant find enough info on how theyre electrically made.

Fuse 21 is the only fuse that controls your DRLs, however there are also i believe 2 separate fuses for each of the high beams in addition to general left and right headlamp fuses that it could be worth checking.

I assume you currently have no warnings on your imid or dash

Have access to another car to test the bulbs? There isn't much to fuses. It's either good or bad.

wfc-fuse-blown.jpg

The center line is broken here = blown. You can go through your fuses and check them out. I don't have a manual handy to see what #s control what. I'm guessing you looked?

i wonder if hooking up only the intensifier without the other part got something internal to the intensifier fried, i cant find enough info on how theyre electrically made.

Fuse 21 is the only fuse that controls your DRLs, however there are also i believe 2 separate fuses for each of the high beams in addition to general left and right headlamp fuses that it could be worth checking.

I assume you currently have no warnings on your imid or dash
I have the DRL warning because they are not coming on. On the website of the intensifier it says that one some cars you need the "decoder" that i have or the bulbs will not turn on. I will try again tomorrow, and check the other fuses

And i felt a click when turning on the lights and sounded under the dash, probably a fuse poppin?

Like ethlar said...high beams may have 2 fuses. Anything with headlights..check. There should be a list in the manual. I'm just not at a computer/manual to see what slot.

Or the headlight relay. It clicks when activated/deactivated.

And i felt a click when turning on the lights and sounded under the dash, probably a fuse poppin?

unless you really overload one of these tiny car fuses they dont make much of any sound when they go, as webby said its most likely a relay you heard activating

Both #38 and #39 were blown. Replaced them and all works well now.
All pieces work together, however on the intensifier there is a piece that has double polarity and may have to be turned the other way for the lights to turn on

WP_001413_zps3ec06bdd.jpg

They look good and how i want them to now. Before you would only be able to tell they were on in the late afternoon since they werent that bright. Now its noon and you can clearly see them

We're those the high beam fuses? Glad it's working for you now :thumb:

Back