General MT Questions

If you get it replaced under warranty, they will treat it as a "goodwill" exchange; you wont have to pay for it, but the new part will not be warrantied and they will not do the same replacement a second time on their dime. I had mine replaced with an OEM clutch because I am still a year or two away from affording my supercharger upgrade, and by the time my replacement clutch starts to fail - if it does - I will need to upgrade to account for the increase in power anyways (most owners are experiencing this failure starting shortly after 30k miles; I have only seen one or two other people besides you who had this problem <10k miles, and one of them had tracked his car around 5k miles and seriously abused his clutch in the process).

If you plan on keeping your car a long time and see no other clutch upgrades in your future, installing an aftermarket clutch that wont end up failing is definitely the way to go. Our stock clutch/flywheel is also incredibly heavy (32 lbs); going for something lighter would be ideal.
Yes my car would definitely be a long term keeper with alot of work in mind over the years to come.. I was thinking of using the clutch a bit more since the sound is on and off for now and get it replaced by the dealer closer towards the end of the warranty in that manner I will just an aftermarket one when needed. Opinion??

"Yes my car would definitely be a long term keeper with alot of work in mind over the years to come.. I was thinking of using the clutch a bit more since the sound is on and off for now and get it replaced by the dealer closer towards the end of the warranty in that manner I will just an aftermarket one when needed. Opinion?"

If as you say it's a long time keeper....... I would be looking for a better clutch system, if these have a rep. for doing that a lot.
I'd want to do some research to make sure what aftermarket system I got is going to be a good one, and not just go for a cheap replacement.

"Yes my car would definitely be a long term keeper with alot of work in mind over the years to come.. I was thinking of using the clutch a bit more since the sound is on and off for now and get it replaced by the dealer closer towards the end of the warranty in that manner I will just an aftermarket one when needed. Opinion?"

If as you say it's a long time keeper....... I would be looking for a better clutch system, if these have a rep. for doing that a lot.
I'd want to do some research to make sure what aftermarket system I got is going to be a good one, and not just go for a cheap replacement.
Thanks man appreciate the thought. And ya I will definitely get a gd one instead of a cheap one I prefer do a good reliable job just once

Back